Original topic:

Alarms not consistently going off

(Topic created: a week ago)
Jmcq1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have had my Samsung 24 for about a month. Prior to that, I've had a variety of cheap android phones, and have never had this problem.

I rely on alarms and need to be able to trust they will go off. I have tried the Samsung and Google clocks, and both are unreliable. I have rebooted, re-set app preferences, uninstalled and reinstalled both clock apps, cleared the clock cache and data, and it's still happening! I've performed several Google searches and it seems to be a common problem with Samsung phones. Can anyone please help?

0 Likes
11 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Do you have do not disturb running when the alarms are set? If so, go into DND settings and make sure that alarms are allowed to sound during DND.
0 Likes
Jmcq1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks for replying. No, I don't have DND on 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh, too bad. Was hoping maybe that was it. Not sure what else to suggest.
0 Likes
Dlpsr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
You probably need to go into settings, battery and make the apps you always want running to never sleep or run in background.
0 Likes
Jmcq1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi. I've already done that.

0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been using Samsung phones for the past several years, and I've never had an alarm or timer fail. Quite possibly, you've installed some malicious software interfering with your alarms. Try booting your phone into safe mode and see if your alarms stop malfunctioning. If so, you will need to identify and uninstall the guilty software.
0 Likes
Jmcq1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks for your reply. I haven't installed anything new. Have you heard of this happening with Trend Micro? That's the only other thing I can think if.

From a google search, I'm not the only person this has been happening to. 

0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Try running the phone in safe mode, which will prevent the Trend Micro software from loading and running and see if your alarms behave any better in that mode. If so, uninstall the Trend Micro software and see how well it works when booted normally.
Options
Galaxy S24
I will add that for the past couple of months, if the alarm was set using Google Assistant or Gemini it wouldn't actually set a functioning alarm
0 Likes