Original topic:

Feature request: Flip to shhhh feature

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Khodex
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Coming from a pixel 6 and I really miss the flip to shhhh feature. I noticed there is a similar feature on the s24 but it does not act the same. It silences alarms and calls after they have gone off. Not to mention it doesn't stop notification sounds at all.

Flip to shhh used to basically just turn on do not disturb mode when the phone was facing down. It would still allow favorites to get through or notifications that were marked as "override do not disturb" (see my other post about notifications). 

I would love to see this feature return as sometimes I just want to silence my phone for a little bit. I will leave it next to me while gaming and hear it going off. While I used to just flip my phone to mute it so I can focus, now I have to stop what I'm doing, unlock my phone (which takes too long because it doesn't recognize my face with headphones and the fingerprint doesn't work 50% of the time with a tempered glass screen protector) and turn on do not disturb. Then I have to remember to turn it off again later.

(speaking of fingerprint readers, who else misses it being on the back of the phone like the Pixel 3? So convenient to start scanning your finger as your pulling it out of your pocket and have it already unlocked) 

2 Replies
Mac-18
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
One thing I will mention is re-registering fingerprints with the screen protector works far better.
0 Likes
Khodex
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've actually done this! I even have my thumb in there twice. It would be nice to be able to add more finger prints too. 

0 Likes