Original topic:

Albums missing in groups after update.

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
SuktasMazgas
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

After the last update today, all my family photos gone. Groups showing like there are albums inside, but after I open one it says add albums and appears completely empty. 

I've tried restarting, checked my trash, nothing.

0 Likes
3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Did you try restoring your backup? Did you look in Google photos or your One Drive?

0 Likes
SuktasMazgas
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't use those.

It seems all the photos are still there in the device. Just albums as such have dissappeared. Which is really disappointing,  to sort tens of thousands of life long pictures seems mission impossible. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you sure the albums are gone and you are just not in the all pictures tab? You don't have to "use" Google Photos, they are backed up there by default (not in albums, though). Are you sure the albums are gone and you are just not in the all pictures tab? Have you looked in the file manager to see if there are sub folders (albums) with photos in them in the DCIM folder?

I don't know why anyone would keep "tens of thousands" of photos on a phone without backing up their album structure to an external device. Anything can happen to your phone. And what's going to become of them when you are no longer around and family can't get into your device to save them?
0 Likes