JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android Auto Issues

(Topic created: 03-21-2024 06:59 PM)
Bryan9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I pre-ordered the s24+.  Overall the phone is great, but from day 1 android auto does not work without issue.  Plugged in via usb audio cuts in and out.  I even tried a new high end cable and it has the same issue.  I also have a Motorola wireless adapter and that also has the audio cut in and out.  Eventually it seems to settle down and starts working, but is very annoying.  I have never had any issues like this on my Pixel.  I would have hoped between the March update and the multiple android auto updates this would be fixed.  I am close to switching back to the Pixel and giving up on Samsung.  Android Auto is basic and very frustrating that it doesn’t consistently work.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  I have a 2018 Silverado.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bryan9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine has started working perfectly. No change of cables, just some os updates and Android Auto updates applied since original issue and now everything works great.

View solution in context

11 Replies
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

There seem to be a lot of issues with Chevy vehicles.

Try a different USB cable.  Android Auto is notoriously finicky when it comes to USB cables.  I had several issues with the Pixel 6 Pro connecting to my car until I came across a post on the Google support forums from a product manager for AA that recommended the Google branded USB cables.  I've been using those ever since across several different phones and they've worked fine.

Delete the bluetooth connection from the car to the phone (in both places) as well as the listing for the car in the Android Auto app. Re-boot, then start by re-pairing the bluetooth connection. Make sure the phone is set up in the car as a phone and audio device, not just a handsfree phone (someone else here had that issue).

Try going into Developer Options and turning on USB Debugging when you set up the wired Android Auto connection for the first time.  Make sure the USB connection setting on the phone is set to "File Transfer/Android Auto".

0 Likes
MrS24Ultra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same problem here, Android Auto totally dead (S24 Ultra).

While the S20 works fine on the same car &same cable.

The problem from Samsung 100% not the car and not the cable... Also they ask you to visit the car dealer to do updates lol

0 Likes
userlURYEnAKXo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

S24 Ultra does not work with Android Auto in Mazda3. The S21 Ultra worked fine. Have had to resort to a phone clip the see a map on my phone. So much for great innovation.

0 Likes
userNGTQLVLbTs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Today after trying over and over and over to get android auto to connect to my wireless dongle or via USB cable.. I finally got it to connect.. I upgraded to s24 ultra from fold 4 and the screen would just show loading and stayed there on loading when trying to connect with my wireless adapter.. when trying with usb cable it wouldn't even recognize the phone was attached.. let's just say what worked vs everything I tried.. I pulled out as many usb a to c cables in my possession as I could find and finally got one that connected.. it literally initialized android auto SET UP on my car screen.. so I went through the screen set up process.. via usb.. finished the process.. ran waze.. ran google maps.. ran a couple of apps in general and then.. I .. gulp.. unplugged the usb cable from the car..

I then plugged in my usb dongle .. the loading screen came on... and android auto opened like normal.. it's now a week later and the wireless is running like it's supposed to.. 7-10 seconds or so on starting the car..

It seems it absolutely needs the right cable connection FIRST to get android initialized and set up BEFORE it will accept wireless off any kind.. and yeah.. about 10 cables or more I tried.. SMH.. my advice is to try as many cables as you can till it connects .. even usb c to a adapters on your c to c cables.. and fully perform the set up if your connection works with cable.. good luck
0 Likes
userkHByoVNKMf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I just got my s24 ultra and have a Mazda cx5. Wired works fine. I deleted everything, reinstalled, resynced, re paired everything. Wireless dongle refuses to operate.  ANy suggestions?? My cord is perfect and worked for the 2018 cx5 wireless until i updated to new phone and a 2021 cx5.

0 Likes
userNGTQLVLbTs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Make sure it's ENABLED on your car for your phone.. that was also an issue.. it was in my settings to actually enable Android auto.. as far as the dongle.. once I got it fully loaded wired it just loaded like there was never a problem for my dongle..
0 Likes
Solution
Bryan9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine has started working perfectly. No change of cables, just some os updates and Android Auto updates applied since original issue and now everything works great.
leochuhm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It is nothing related to the brand and model of our car.  It is definitely Samsung issue on S24

Members_3pYRMFt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It worked seamlessly in my 23 tundra with Bluetooth connection until today when it just stopped working unless it's connected thru usb.

0 Likes