JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Anyone else noticed that the edge lighting no longer works on s24 ultra.

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 04:02 PM)
uservLX204cmOG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey, my wife has the same phone as me, the S23 Plus, and the edge lighting feature isn't working for her either. I even installed the Good Lock app and turned on the edge lighting option, but it still doesn't work. I think it might be a problem with the One UI 6 operating system.

Do you know of any fixes or workarounds for this issue?
23 Replies
Dipsy30
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Works fine on my S23U running 6. Thinking you mean 6.1?
0 Likes
rickyarpea007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

The edge lighting feature does not appear to be functioning as intended on the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra running One UI 6.1, while it does work on devices running One UI 6.0. This issue seems to be specific to the S24 models, as the edge lighting works on the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. Notably, the edge lighting does work with YouTube notifications, indicating that the feature is not entirely disabled. We hope that Samsung promptly addresses and resolves this issue, as it diminishes the user experience and the value proposition of the device.

Dipsy30
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I've verified mines working fully with 6.1 on an S24U. I did so a clean install so not sure if that made the difference not transferring any phantom settings or creating bugs.
rickyarpea007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

What do you mean a clean install? 

0 Likes
Dipsy30
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
No restoration of my S23U backup
0 Likes
Members_DJE1z96
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

s 23 ultra 14 ui 6.0 don't work at all

0 Likes
uservLX204cmOG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
That is correct. It could be a one ui 6.1 thing.
0 Likes
Members_DJE1z96
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

6.0 as well I tried 3 different s 23 ultras same thing its 14 ui 6.0 13 ui 5.1 was working fine

0 Likes
uservLX204cmOG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, I just checked. It's missing. I didn't even notice it. 👀 #Oops #WhereDidItGo
0 Likes