Original topic:

Banding issue is not a Hardware issue. Check out the video I have made.

(Topic created: 02-26-2024 09:00 PM)
Its_aKaSh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello All,

First check the video

https://youtube.com/shorts/XDCsUbBYHns?si=lH2Shy4LYT53SoKv

Hope you have watched the video now so - After reading posting several posts,threads I came to know that the banding we are getting due to SRGB color space which s24 ultra/S24 series using as it's default color space for SDR content.

I have checked the same with previous S series fold series and for those there are no banding though there also samsung used 8bit+FRC displays. it's happening because on previous devices they used DCIP3 colors on all accorss the device contents.

Now came to the point, The video I have made to show you guys that how DCIP3 color gamut present on HDR content can fix the banding issue.

It's clearly see that when I am playing the HDR content then display is showing DCIP3 colors and there if I am testing using https://testmyscreen.com/ then I am not getting any banding , it's preety smooth but when I am turning off the video, banding is again visible.

With hdr on via youtube video--

IMG-20240227-WA0008.jpg

Without HDR--

IMG-20240227-WA0002.jpg

I am requesting all of the members here , please don't get offended. I love samsung that's why I spend lot of money on it. Just see the facts and share your opinion.

Requesting samsung to bring back DCIP3 colorspace for vivid mode on all over the device contents and keep the SRGB for natural mode. Please Samsung we need this as display is looking worse with those bandings.

Its_aKaSh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi,  Thanks @Rydah & please let us know once you get any responses from Dev team.

Also check this video of my s22.

https://youtube.com/shorts/3fNgj1to6eA?si=_f5KME2fHDNvY5Xl

There I have tested the same scenario and got to know that in vivid mode there are no banding issue but in natural it was there. So we need a option/fix to use the similar color mode like previous generation in our s24 series & as many users are complaining on different different fourms and returning their devices for this issue so a fix is really Require.

Thanks & Regards,

Akash.

0 Likes
Its_aKaSh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

HI @Rydah , 

We are really disappointed with samsung at this point.

We are highlighting the issues with image/Video proof but still we are not getting any responses. 

You are the only hope left here. Please escalate this issue to samsung head development department.

Please help us to get it solved.

Thanks & Regards,

Akash.

0 Likes
ayhamismail34
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello @Rydah 

we are still counting on you for this issue, do you have any update ?
it's really shameful that we are begging to get this fixed for an ''ultra''.

please do your best.

thnx šŸ™‚

Its_aKaSh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi Rydah,

Please provide us an update on the issue.

Its Been more than a month now.

Please priotize it as it's impacting all over all s24 series users experience.

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin.

0 Likes
ThrillsKD73
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I hope they fix it because I only got my S24+ yesterday and I'm ready to return it. The S22 Ultra is showing a way better result for many things. Its not worth the cost at the moment.

0 Likes
litovsky83
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Wow, I checked it. Great job!

TheLazyWriter
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
All hail the conquering hero!! šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³ Thank you for your work! I hope this concludes with an improvement to our phones!
0 Likes
Bob527362
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Please don't just reintroduce FRC. The flickering caused by FRC is bad for some people's eyes. If this phone had FRC in SDR, I would not have bought it. If you change the behaviour of the display, please give us a toggle to choose ourselves. This is a matter of accessibility...

Its_aKaSh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

That could be more better if they provide an option to choose between DCIP3 and SRGB on the vivid mode itself

userOKeCQXE1B0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Please fix this and release a statement on the grainy display issue.