Original topic:

Battery Protection setting

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
Bowerjeff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Does anyone know what is the best battery protection setting on any Android phones, even the S24 Ultra? (Basic, Adaptive, or Maximum?) I have always used the basic setting on all Androids, even now on my S24 Ultra since I upgraded on January 20, 2024, but I am not sure whether to change the battery protection setting to Maximum to fully charge to 80%. Does anyone have any issues with battery use when the battery protection is set to Maximum?
0 Likes
8 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
I use maximum. And also won't let it charge down below 20%. I get a good 8 to 9 hours SOT and I am on 5g exclusively. I have the s24 plus, so I think you'd be fine.
Bowerjeff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks, i been wanting make sure i can make my S24 Ultra last thru 7 years of security updates without any internal damage and never have to take it to repair!!
Options
Galaxy S24
Me too!
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
While you may get updates for 7 years, I don't think the battery will last 7 years. The question really is, will Samsung stock the parts for 7 years.
0 Likes
Bowerjeff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
the battery is non removable!! i had a phone last me about 2 years without any damage before upgrading to this beautiful S24 Ultra! only one way to find out is keep it updated monthly on whatever date the software releases the security updates anywhere between the 5th thru the 25th which does vary!
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
You can take a phone to a service center to replace a battery. My point is that after 4-5 years, the battery is not holding a charge anymore. Will they be stocked to replace the battery!
0 Likes
Bowerjeff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
only if my phone's battery won't charge by then! but if my phone still charges and still holds a charge past 5 years, i will be glad
Laybal
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Been messing with technology since the 80s and could of just gotten lucky all these years, but while these batteries can last longer if you do the recommended steps. Such as only charging to 80% ect, it'll help kinda, but from my experience, it's not really a super magic fix that's guaranteed to make your phone and battery last 10000s of years.

Mainly all of those guidelines, (as I said, they "help" but it's limited) is mainly in place so you can't just say "oh my battery doesn't work anymore, I need a new phone and samsung has to replace it free" they just covering their tails the legal way.