Original topic:

Battery issues

(Topic created: a month ago)
BaldKellyPrice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Ever since I purchased the phone in February there has been one particular issue that I cannot seem to solve. Whenever my battery gets to 15% it starts to die faster. When it's at 5%. I will literally watch within a matter of 30 seconds the phone going from 5% to 1% and I have done everything I believe and it's still giving me issues. Would I be better off just contacting Samsung while it's still within it's one year warranty?

10 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

The lower a battery goes, the faster it dies.  This is true of all batteries. This is because (especially if you are still using it), the phone uses the same amount of power with less resource.  If you see it go to 15%, for goodness' sake, charge it.  You should actually not let your battery go below 23-25% unless unavoidable.  At 18% is should automatically give you a notification asking if you want to put it in power saving mode. If you get that notification, do it and get to a charger as soon as possible.

0 Likes
BaldKellyPrice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Even if I'm not using it the phone just dies rapidly. There are times I'm at work I can't charge my phone and I will see it's at 30% less than a few minutes later I see it's at 10% and now I have to panic and find a charger because it'll do something like this.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

The phone is still in use just by being on.  Each time you turn on the screen to look at the battery level, it uses an enormous amount of the power it has left.  It uses power just by being a phone, as it checks for the wi-fi connection (or remains connected), it checks for the mobile signal and attached BT devices, along with a host of other functions.  Just charge your phone when you see the battery going low. Keep a charger or power bank handy.  Why panic if you know where your chargers are, and if you notice your battery going below 30%, just either give it a boost or fully charge it.  You don't need to fully charge it each time it's on the charger, sometimes you only need it to give you enough for the next couple of hours.

If you are losing power while you are at work, that usually means you are not charging it every night.  Many people keep chargers in their workspace, or at least a cable where they an draw power from their computer.

0 Likes
BaldKellyPrice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I panic just because how fast the battery dies and also my work relies on having my phone on so that I'm immediately within contact so anytime this phone isn't on I could be missing I want something from my work.
0 Likes
BaldKellyPrice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Also, it's been doing this since the phone came in the mail. It's not even like it's new since February the phone has been doing this I genuinely thought the phone just had to like get used to my usage and everything like that but no unfortunately just keeps draining so fast.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
This is normal battery behavior for any battery. Phone or otherwise. If your work depends on your battery being fully charged at all times, I strongly suggest you get a power pack or keep a charger in your workspace.
0 Likes
measgtds3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I would look at what apps are running.  for example Facebook apps can kill a battery.  I would uninstall any apps you are not using everyday if possible most Samsung apps are not removable.  I would also change your battery settings to put unused apps to sleep as well as take away the run in back ground options from all but critical apps.  I almost never need to charge my phone until the end of the day.  just my suggestions take them as they are offered, as suggestions.

0 Likes
BaldKellyPrice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I do not use Facebook and stuff anymore so that was the first app I uninstalled LOL yeah I have been putting a lot of apps on in deep sleep like I don't know what the deal is with this phone
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Doesn't the S24 have wireless charging?  Just get a charging pad to keep at your workspace and whenever you are not actively using the phone, place the phone on the pad.  Your phone is usable while charging, even when connected to a corded charger. There is no need to turn a phone off while charging.  Putting it on and taking it off the charging pad between uses is the best way to keep it charged throughout a day of heavy usage.  Allowing your battery to continually die or go too low does more harm to the battery than intermittent charging.  Also set your phone to auto-optimize so that things running in the background or using too many resources are closed down.  

0 Likes