Original topic:

Bluetooth connecting and disconnecting to Car

(Topic created: 01-30-2024 02:18 PM)
Dillon135
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, so I'm having issue with my bluetooth. It's only when I try to connect my phone to my car it connects then disconnects right away saying cannot connect to "MyGMC". I just received this phone and it seems like it's a simple update issue. I switched from iPhone to this s24 ultra and right now seems like a mistake. If this could get solved that would he amazing!

95 Replies
Traveler519
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Sadly Bluetooth screen issues sound quality problems connectivity issue in general seems to be a reoccurring theme of the new 24. I wish they would have waited one more month these issues could have been resolved before release! Samsung rushed the 24 and it clearly wasn't ready.
Before today I would ask that you be patient and the next update or 2 should fix most of the issues. However after today's issues I cannot in good conscience say anything terribly positive about samsung.
challengme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok, so, my Bluetooth had the same problem, I can connect to my truck radio's Bluetooth, I could use the phone np. I can use the system sounds from notifications and voice directions from my GPS. I could not however play any streaming media from Netflix, tubi or YouTube Music.
THE FIX......
Settings, Sounds and Vibration, scroll down to Separate App Sound and select. With your Bluetooth Device already paired, select the apps you want to use on this device. DONE!!!
It only took 36 hours to figure this one out.
hdude91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Yeah thought this was the fix.....

Lasted about two minutes, literally and cutout again.  But thanks found some more "new" settings.  More than a little hasty in getting rid of my tried and true S9 šŸ™„

0 Likes
challengme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine is still working, with those apps assigned to "Bluetooth device" my phone works with any Bluetooth device.
0 Likes
hdude91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Tried the fix lasted about 2 minutes then disconnect.  Interestingly enough seems to be application specific.  No problems on Sirius, Audacy about 30 seconds and cuts off.  Have had no problems with car....yet. 

0 Likes
SCRAMJONES
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I had the Galaxy S24 Ultra for a week already, and I've been having issues with the bluetooth connection cutting in and out constantly while listening to music or watching YouTube videos. It's not the app or streaming connection, the bluetooth audio sound cuts in and out but the bluetooth stays connected. I would describe the audio sounding like words are being censored but if I replay the audio it cuts off at different points randomly. I hope it's a software issue that can be resolved because other Galaxy S24 Ultra users are experiencing the same issue.
Bryan9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same exact issue on the s24+.  I never had this issue with my pixel 7 pro.  I really hope it is software and they can fix it.  I might have to return phone if they canā€™t as I frequently listen to music in the car.

Dillon135
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm have a issue where my bluetooth won't connect to my car and if it does it disconnects right away. My car and phone are up to date.
SCRAMJONES
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
There was an update to Android Auto that just released, but I'm not sure if that fixes the problem. I'll have to try it out tomorrow.