JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Contacts app outdated on Galaxy S24 Ultra? Default contact list issue

(Topic created: 04-09-2024 04:46 PM)
useraDvkYRAYkl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a Galaxy S24 Ultra the contacts app shows version 15.1.69.  When I set the default contacts list to display on my Google account and set it. Then when I close out of the app it defaults back to "All Contacts"

I also have a Galaxy S23 Ultra the contacts app shows a newer version 15.1.82. When I select the default contacts list on this device it remembers the decision I make.

I've tried clearing data and that hasn't helped on the Galaxy S24 Ultra. Not sure if I should switch contact applications on my Galaxy S24 Ultra?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello! I was able to replicate this bug on my S24U as well. It seems like Contacts only wants to save lists located directly on the device or SIM. I found a workaround. From the contacts lists, find "Custom list" at the bottom>select the Google account you want>tap Done. When you exit and reenter the app, you should still see that custom list you just made.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello! I was able to replicate this bug on my S24U as well. It seems like Contacts only wants to save lists located directly on the device or SIM. I found a workaround. From the contacts lists, find "Custom list" at the bottom>select the Google account you want>tap Done. When you exit and reenter the app, you should still see that custom list you just made.
0 Likes
al765
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Update
0 Likes
useraDvkYRAYkl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Ok the custom list will work for now. Is there any plans on pushing out an update to the contacts app to the newer version that the Galaxy S23 Ultra is running 15.1.82. Or possibly a newer version with added features?