JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't add Google account to secure folder

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 09:26 PM)
gsxdsm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Can't add a Google account that is already on the device to a secure folder. Can't access Play or installed apps licenses. 
user_32wef09h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
You are welcome

chadantjr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
On previous galaxy devices, you could have multiple emails added both on the normal phone function, and also in the secure folder. With s24 lineup, you can no longer have the email added to both, it says "this email already exists on your device." This is extremely inconvenient, as if you need to make any payments with google play, you cannot even have the email in the secure folder without removing it from your device. If id known about this, I wouldn't have purchased the S24 Plus.
npmp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Hmm.. I don't see that problem in my S24Ultra. I've the same Google account added in both device and secure folder
Link575
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I am facing the same issue he is facing.
0 Likes
npmp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Do you mean adding same Google account or using gmail?
0 Likes
Link575
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Google account
0 Likes
npmp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I can reproduce now. But I did add two Google accounts that exist in the device. What changed recently are
1. I created a work profile, but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with this
2. Enabled Auto sync secure folder data. I doubt this could be the reason, but unfortunately, I still see it after disabling it.
Did you enable this before adding a new account?20240203_205045_1000011267_1707022245.jpg
0 Likes
Link575
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Azxcit's solution actually worked for me. I just added the account without the @Gmail.com and it added right away no issues.
azxict
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Try typing just your email.Without@gmail.com

BRlAN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Once you're in your secure folder, tap on the 3 dot in the upper right corner, tap settings, and then tap on Manage Accounts. You can add as many different accounts as you want. So, good luck and go have some fun!

0 Likes