JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Carrier configuration version

(Topic created: 09-18-2024 08:14 AM)
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Is this why my wifi calling and Chat features in samsung messaging not working ? I called Verizon they told me my phone isn't compatible with wifi calling but I did have it with Verizon a week before the 6.1.1 update now I don't. If so how do I get the Carrier configuration version 0.0.0 to change would I have to flash the phone ?

19 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Well, the rep at Verizon lied to you. If the S24 was not compatible with wi-fi calling everyone would have returned it. Samsung would not make a flagship that was incompatible with wi-fi calling. Call Verizon back and insist on talking with a tech support person (not customer service) who knows what they are talking about. saying the phone is incompatible is the equivalent of saying "I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it" in carrier-speak. It's easier to blame the phone than to own up and pass you along to someone who knows better. Did you blank out all the version numbers, or do they just not exist? If you blanked them out, why? No one can identify you by your software version numbers, and they may prove helpful to anyone trying to assist you.
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
There are some carriers that don't have Wi-Fi calling Verizon yes has it so yes in this case they do need to talk to someone in Verizon tech support to have it configured properly but keep in mind that are some carriers that do not have the option of Wi-Fi calling just because it is on a phone does not mean it has that capability because that is a carrier thing not a phone manufacturer thing
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I know that. But that was not the issue at hand
0 Likes
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I didn't blank anything out I didn't know anything about it till a friend mentioned it . everytime worked fine till I got the 6.1.1 update
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
You should see something like this. All software versions should be populated.
1726673899999.jpg
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
mines says all that i just blocked out all the other stuff idk if that stuff be shared and only left the Carrier configuration version as you see yours says 4.000 and mines 0.0.0
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I also have T-Mobile, not Verizon, but I agree, that doesn't look like a legit version nbr

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Just FYI (I know your issue is solved) None of the information contained in all those version numbers can personally identify you, so it's best to include them as they could prove helpful to the helpers.

0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Call Verizon back and say you want to speak to technical support and then tell them about the configuration there they should be able to help you configure it or send it update to the phone to configure it so Wi-Fi calling will work