Original topic:

Samsung does not price match

(Topic created: a week ago)
33Richie33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Just wanted to share my Samsung Customer Care experience with everyone. 

I recently purchased an S24 Ultra on Samsung.com using my Samsung financing account through tdbank. 

I noticed that they had an even BIGGER discount yesterday and I contacted Customer Care to price match. The rep was nice and said price matching was possible, but they had to escalate my request as the savings was $203 extra off, including a higher discount off my phone color (blue), extra "no-trade in" instant discount, and a discount on the 2 yr Care Plus plan. The rep said it could be 3-5 days before I get a response. I received an email today (definitely faster than what was quoted), stating they WILL NOT price match the deal stating there was no active sale discount. 

The thing about that is IT WAS on sale yesterday and the onus isn't on the customer for Samsung's escalation ETA. I reached out when it was on sale. I even took a screen shot and I am still within return policy. I could have very well bought a new phone yesterday and returned this one, but wanted to try their customer service first. It's getting to the point of wanting to switch brands and I've ONLY owned Samsung phones. I've been loyal for years. 

Samsung's Customer Care team is probably THE WORST I've ever dealt with. Just a blatant disregard for customer issue resolution. Going forward, I will just buy the phone again and return the first one I bought, adding to extra global waste I guess. Didn't want to do that, but if that's the only way to save some money, then that's what I'll do. This isn't the the first bad experience I've had with Customer Care either. Their Care Plus plan isn't straight forward and is super hard to get the info I needed to get the support I paid for because Samsung isn't the company insuring the device. It's a 3rd party company. 
1 Reply
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello 33Richie33, Thank you for being part of the Community. We understand the frustration of making a purchase, only to have the product go on sale days later. Please note, the community operates on a peer-to-peer support model. While our members offer valuable insights and assistance, certain inquiries are best supported by a Samsung directly. For these types of questions and concerns, you will need to reach out to the E-Commerce team directly by calling 1-855-726-8721.

0 Likes