JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Carrier configuration version

(Topic created: 09-18-2024 08:28 AM)
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Is this why my wifi calling and Chat features in samsung messaging not working ? I called Verizon they told me my phone isn't compatible with wifi calling but I did have it with Verizon a week before the 6.1.1 update now I don't. If so how do I get the Carrier configuration version 0.0.0 to change would I have to flash the phone ?

19 Replies
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been dealing with them for 2 weeks couple days ago was in the phone with them 2 hrs did everything but factory reset , called samsung they said there's no need to do a factory reset . I agree. when I chat txt chat them yesterday they said my imei # isn't compatible with wifi calling. but wifi calling was an option before the 6.1.1 update after that is when that option disappeared. The reason I found out about the Carrier configuration version is a buddy of mines messes with phones does rooting and all that and he pointed that out to me and said that's my problem right there
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Is the phone a Verizon version or locked to Verizon? May be time to switch carriers. I understand you are caught in the middle between the carrier saying it's not their fault and Samsung saying you don't need to factory reset, but the carrier gets the raw update and tweaks it for their network and distributes it. This makes it clearly a Verizon issue. I don't think a factory reset would help, but you never know -- it could put things back in order. You can then restore your backup.
0 Likes
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
it was Tmobile I switched to verizon on labor day they had to do an Esim because the physical sim wouldn't work then I received the update on Tuesday the 10th it knock out the Esim everything worked with Esim then after update the esim stopped working needed a physical sim that's when I noticed wifi calling was no longer an option
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
It sounds as if even though T-Mobile unlocked it, it doesnt seem Verizon correctly reprovisioned it. There may be some vestige of T-Mobile's wifi calling that's blocking Verizon's.
At this point, though, you don't have very much to lose by doing a reset--it's either going to clear it up or it will remain the same.

I still believe the ball is in Verizon's court to fix, since they issued the update that broke it
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Well if the device was locked to Verizon and then unlocked Verizon should have unlocked it they're unlocked policy states after 60 days of service the phone is automatically unlocked so it should have been unlocked to begin with so Verizon needs to fix what they did wrong so it can be used elsewhere
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Again, learn how to read. They said the phone had been locked to T-Mobile.

0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
That is straight up a lie if it was configured and working fine up until the update then it is a compatible device and Verizon needs to fix it it is a their fault
Solution
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
UPDATE!! Verizon told me to buy their phone . I had a buddy flash my phone and it's working
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Of course Verizon is telling you to buy their specific phone if your phone was unlocked to begin with I don't understand why it wasn't configured right cuz usually the SIM card does the configuration but okay lazy Verizon glad you found a solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Verizon really hates for people to have unlocked phones or phones from another carrier.

0 Likes