Original topic:

Connecting s24 to chevy bolt BT

(Topic created: yesterday)
daveco
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello

I had my S8 connected to my 2018 Chevy Bolt. I upgraded to the S24 and can't get it to connect via bluetooth.

In the Bolt BT settings I removed the S8 then put it in pairing mode.

On the S24 I clicked on MyChevrolet in the available devices list.  At this point the bolt screen asks if I see this number on the screen of my device. There is no number displayed on the screen of the S24 and the pairing attempt times out. After multiple attempts with the dame results I went inside to my computer to do some research. That's when I notice that the S8, sitting on my desk, which is no longer attached to a carrier, has the number display on the screen. The S8 was literally 2 rooms away and a solid 25' from the car. I shut down the S8 and tried again with the same results. I'm guessing that the number was popping up on the screen of one of the half dozen BT devices in the available list.

Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?

I upgraded due to security concerns and because the S8 was connecting to less and less things as time passed but the S8 was always rock solid at connecting to the bolt.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you removed the S8 from the Bluetooth list?
0 Likes
richard_pullin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Delete the S8 from the car's Bluetooth and the car's Bluetooth from the S8. Also, do the same with the S24. If that doesn't work, check the car's Bluetooth to see if there is an option to reset the Bluetooth settings. My S22 Ultra just randomly disconnected from my car before and it was a pain to get it back connected. I had to do everything I mentioned to get it back. Hope it works
0 Likes