JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Custom Notification tones gone??

(Topic created: 01-26-2024 10:00 PM)
userFayKTfnhUf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Is this setting actually gone for the S24? I can no longer have separate notification tones for my messages and general notifications. So whenever I get an email, amazon order, IG like, food order, samsung SMS message, etc, they all sound the same now.
I'm specifically wanting just my message notification tone differentiated from all the others. 
If anyone know a solution to this, please let me know. Thanks!
JUMP TO SOLUTION
110 Replies
userHMhLK1nXgW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
You cannot change it
0 Likes
Zshen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You can.
0 Likes
Zshen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I found the fix!!! You must FIRST enable "Manage notification categories for each app". This is located: Gear Icon (Settings) - Notifications - Advanced Settings - Manage notification categories for each app (very bottom. Once enabled, you will now have the beloved "Notification categories" in your google messages and change your notification sound again.
userHMhLK1nXgW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Nicely done
0 Likes
userTa7WfGofbz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
How in the world do you set custom app sounds with the S24 Ultra? It's completely missing! I was able to do it with my S23 Ultra. 
Harpbri
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm currently trying to figure this out as well. I was using a S22 Ultra before switching to the S24 Ultra and the ability to set notification sounds for individual apps is gone.
Zshen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
This was my fix for messages. Should work for other apps as well.

I found the fix!!! You must FIRST enable "Manage notification categories for each app". This is located: Gear Icon (Settings) - Notifications - Advanced Settings - Manage notification categories for each app (very bottom. Once enabled, you will now have the beloved "Notification categories" in your google messages and change your notification sound again.
userTa7WfGofbz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you so much! That did the trick!
0 Likes
ShadyLady22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been looking and looking. I found where I can set people in my contacts their own text tone. Where can I set for everybody else? Now when I get a text message it's the same sound as my notification which is bet confusing.
420bunny
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
It's impossible and incredibly frustrating. It's alot like the Secure Folder where all we need is a simply add on to Gallery to lock albums or photos individually very simple but we got a whole app that's crazy to setup & don't work cuz ur photos go missing etc it's scary to use. This was that for me. I did tech support for 15 yrs and I never did fog it out. In fact somehow I have created some strange things where the person I was trying to set a specific individual ringtone for is now a Conversation under my Text Settings/Options with all the defaults & I don't get **bleep** that's about byg I have up. It shouldn't be this hard for what it is just like locking down a photo. Hiding is not this btw. But yup I hear ya
0 Likes