JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Custom Notification tones gone??

(Topic created: 01-26-2024 10:00 PM)
userFayKTfnhUf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Is this setting actually gone for the S24? I can no longer have separate notification tones for my messages and general notifications. So whenever I get an email, amazon order, IG like, food order, samsung SMS message, etc, they all sound the same now.
I'm specifically wanting just my message notification tone differentiated from all the others. 
If anyone know a solution to this, please let me know. Thanks!
JUMP TO SOLUTION
110 Replies
420bunny
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Imo of course that was cuz I could b doing it all wrong from text messaging and the settings in there but I even tried Contact Settings
0 Likes
ShadyLady22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you trying to set people their own ringtone or text tone? I figured out the ring tone
0 Likes
420bunny
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Both. I gave up for both.
0 Likes
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
It depends on what messaging app you are using but the process is like this (screenshots show Google messages)

Settings > Apps > Messages (Google, samsung, or other) > Notifications > Notification Categories > Incoming messages (or the specific conversation you want to change) > Sound > Then select whatever sound you want.

Hope this helps 🙂1706516325249.jpg1706516325263.jpg1706516325281.jpg1706516325301.jpg
ShadyLady22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
How about when I set someone their own text tone and now I want them to go back to "default" sound but the only option is the sound I have chosen from notifications or silent
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Edited conversations will show up at the top as "conversations." To reset it, select the conversation, and press "set this as not a conversation" 1706516690313.jpg1706516690332.jpg
nikdogpound
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I've always upgraded my Samsung phones and just noticed that you can't customize app sounds. I had different notification sounds for my banking apps and home cameras so it caught my attention if something was amiss. Now that customization option isn't available. The only notification I can change is text messages I get from specific individuals. Not happy with this so far. My S23 Ultra had no issues. I bought into the hype about this phone.
Gareee
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
It IS there..they added more granular categories for even more sound options. Check other replies on this same subject here, or search on YouTube.
(I made my changes yesterday.)
0 Likes
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
In some apps I could change the tone but in most it does not give options.
Why don't they do this process more friendly? 
Does anyone know how to do it in all applications? 
manigma77
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Go to settings/ notifications/ advanced notifications and enable the setting shown. Then go to settings/apps/the app your wanting to change/notifications and change the sound there.1706568035334.jpg