Original topic:

S24+ Most apps ignoring global vibration intensity and pattern

(Topic created: 02-07-2024 06:40 AM)
userQbBkU457x5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Sorry, had this in wrong thread....moved. 

I see lots of posts where people lost their custom sounds and/ or need to go to advanced to get categories. This isn't that, but still a notification issue on a new S24+

Phone is in vibrate mode, this is where the issue is. Notifications on everything EXCEPT two apps...phone calls and messages+/verizon texting app are vibrating very softly for them. For example Facebook messenger, email, Microsoft teams, Instagram, etc. vibrate lightly. 

And individual app notifcation settings have vibrate on in the notification area of the various apps settings in apps.

But changing the global vibrate pattern or intensity ONLY changes it formessages+ and calls. Facebook messenger, email, Microsoft teams,Instagram, etc. vibrate lightly and do NOT change when changing the global settings to a higher intensity and pattern.

Is this something going on with Android 14/Oneui6.1?

Any suggestions most welcome.  This is impacting work for this individual.

Thanks

7 Replies
userQbBkU457x5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

A short update on this.  After two weeks and messing around with settings, down to where Verizon Messages+ and Facebook Messenger are two apps that are not using the phone-wide vibration pattern chosen.  Any ideas why?

Read that with Whatsapp, in order to get the phone to use the system vibration pattern you have to turn vibrations off within the app....and then it uses the system vibration. Never ran into this with older Samsung phones. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
OD89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I just bought my s24 ultra and I cannot get the vibration pattern to change no matter what I do
0 Likes
Mkeditor
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm  using an app called Buzzkill to customize vibration. It allows me to create custom sounds and vibrations for different apps. It does a lot more but that's all I use it for. The intensity of the vibration is no stronger but I can choose longer notifications or a pattern like buzz-buzz for whatsapp and signal.

Screenshot_20240320_111546_BuzzKill.jpg

userQbBkU457x5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks. Heard about this app, glad to know it works on the S24 series. Things seem to be working okay now. Very odd for a while
0 Likes
Sparkie_5000
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I am also experiencing this. Global vibration pattern is not being followed in vibration mode. I know this happened before but I don't recall what the solution was. Any progress on finding a solution that doesn't involve another app?
0 Likes
usertzY8ZMtQVz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Before 6.1 you could work around this by turning off vibrations in whatsapp and then toggle vibrations on via the app settings/info.  App info> app notifications >notification categories. You would then manually turn on vibration and it would follow the global vibration pattern. However now with my S24 the have removed the notification categories section and replaced with "configure in Whatsapp/app". Super frustrating having to hear the double long vibration pattern for most apps. Still trying for a workaround

0 Likes
JFC76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It would be nice of there was an way to increase the vibration slider to a much higher frequency. The S24 models have the weakest vibration i have ever owned.