Original topic:

Does anyone know when the S24 update will be?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Duny
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Does anyone know when the S24 update will be? Someone knows when the S24 to 6.1.1 update will be. 

93 Replies
MatthewReiter
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
How, you don't know
The_Chief
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung is still working to roll out many of the features introduced with the Flip/Fold 6 and One UI 6.1.1 - early reports of the One UI 7 were that it was extremely buggy (more like an alpha version) and needed a lot more work to get to a beta release. I wouldn't look for it until at least another month, maybe two.
Lowlucky
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
When is the 24 ultra getting a big update? 
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
In a couple of months with android 15 ui 7

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Whpl50
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
In my opinion this is very poor customer service for a flagship device. The newest flagship device should get the new software update as soon as it is released on the fold phones. That is pretty terrible if you ask me I am looking forward to the camera update which the S24 needs badly.
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung has been doing this for 15+ years

The Note got .1 when it was released in Q3 just like the Fold does.

Most years the next software update was the next major version of Android at the end of the year.
Whpl50
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
That's terrible customer service for flagship device owners
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

The S line never gets the .1.1 update it always just got 5.1  -  6.1  but this year they decided to add 6.1.1 to the S line also since the 1.1 is normally only on the folds 

If they would have stayed on the old update sch it would have been

S24 6.1 - 7.0 upate no 6.1.1 but they decided to included 6.1.1 this time because of all of the extras 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Whpl50
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
That's not good imo when you pay 1300 for a phone you should get every update or at least add the new features that are compatible to security updates. Don't have to necessarily be an entire update. That's poor customer service any way you look at it when you're charging as much as they do for these devices
0 Likes
Potata
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Agreed with the previous post about how software takes time to test. Imagine if you received software updates all the time, but full of bugs. You would still be dissatisfied.

I'd be more concerned that Samsung seems to have become complacent and is no longer interested in being innovative, along with borrowing trends from Apple, but only after making fun of them for it