JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Face recognition in Gallery for Auto-updating album feature

(Topic created: 03-15-2024 01:58 PM)
SaurabhO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I am using S24 Ultra and trying to get photos identified by face of different people just as we do in Google photos.

Either this feature is not available in this flagship model or somehow I'm not able to do it.
I've heard that this feature is available in other models of Samsung.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, thanks for reaching out about the Gallery feature for Auto-updating album. For this feature to work, photos would need to be tagged with the specific people in mind for it to group up, so it has a solid frame of reference. The more tagged, the better the recognition feature works. You should still manually review and edit as need be after the fact, to spot and correct any error(s). 

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@SaurabhO This is not a feature of the Gallery and hasn't been AFAIK. Posted an update. 

SaurabhO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I've heard it from some of my friends and also seen some comments on reddit mentioning it..
Also there is an option to do this.. but when we go ahead it shows no people found1710537810603.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@SaurabhO Well how about that! I did not know that existed. Thanks for showing me a new feature. 

I found it and tried it out on an S24 Ultra and Fold 5. Works like a breeze. After selecting the Auto-updating album, it prompts me to name the album and then it shows a selection of people. 

If it isn't working for you, maybe you don't have clear photos of people's faces. If you do, you could try force stopping the app and then clearing the app's cache. 

SaurabhO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you..
Will try it after some days...
0 Likes
Deja3
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I can confirm as well that this works. I have it set up on my S24 Ultra
SaurabhO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Did you see the people automatically when creating an auto updating folder or you tagged their names in some photos?
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Did they mention Samsung Galery specifically?  If not then they are likely referring to the application that has this feature. (Google Photos)

0 Likes
SaurabhO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yup.. it was Samsung gallery ..
Attaching the screenshots taken from my phone's gallery.. it shows auto updating album of people and then it shows no people found 1710539676039.jpg1710539676055.jpg
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Perhaps this is using image tags, and not some scarry face recognition based on criteria that it could not possibly know.  Do not believe what you see in movies, these systems have to be TOLD who the person in the image is.

0 Likes