Original topic:

Facial recognition not working

(Topic created: a week ago)
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24

For the longest while my facial recognition has never worked. I have updated my facial more than once and still doesn't recognize. Meanwhile my old iPhone 12 I use for work recognizes me with or without glasses and is really fast .

Anyone has this issue???? 
6 Replies
GaryB82
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

In my opinion Face recognition isn't the way it's suppose to be it never works for me.  I use finger print to unlock my device since it always works for me 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

dortyboy
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I use fingerprints also. It's just another samsumg disappointment
0 Likes
GaryB82
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

as long as its been on the phone ive never had great succuss with using Face recognition

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Might be some years ago NV UT there was a bug story on how the facial recognition could be hacked or faked don't recall exact but some software photo manipulation and fake face could be used
cleverEyes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
IPhones would use infared to scan a 3d model of your face while Samsung uses image comparison. Apple's method is a lot more secure and works in night as well. Samsung used to have a security problem where people could print your face and use that picture to unlock your phone šŸ¤¦:male_sign:

I haven't used face recognition as I got super excited when I learned galaxy's use fingerprint scanners to unlock as it's a lot faster, more accurate and a feature I oddly missed from the olden days.

I guess, think about it like this. The iPhone's notch is large and takes up a lot of space, which is to store the IR camera and all that. Samsung sticks to a single black circle in the screen instead; ergo, you have more screen real estate. That's a compromise I can stomach.
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks. I've noticed that the comparison is night and day. It always bothered me that my work phone works flawlessly even in dark, and my s24 ultra never recognizes me
0 Likes