Original topic:

Forgot password I just set up and can't get access to change my password

(Topic created: 08-17-2024 10:59 PM)
user2EL4WMFBMY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I forgot my password I just set up.last night. I still have the fingerprint lock set up but cannot get in to change my password. Any help?

0 Likes
22 Replies
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Probably gonna have to wipe the phone
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Ya
user2EL4WMFBMY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Ya to the having to wipe it ?
0 Likes
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
You might use "find my device" if you had it set up on your phone.
0 Likes
user2EL4WMFBMY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
And that will help me reset a password? My bad treating you Iike customer service but I'm a lil phone illiterate and I JUST went from the 10s to the 24 lmao , so there's some learning to do
0 Likes
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Smart lock used to have a feature called remote unlock, but samsung removed the feature for security reasons. As far as "find my device" you would have had to set it up. Go to device settings > google > find my device.
user2EL4WMFBMY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I think I already set that up last night. But going through "find my device" will give me a way to reset the password is what you are saying?
0 Likes
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung account also has a find my mobile The steps to unlock your Samsung phone with Find My Mobile are as follows:

Go to the Samsung Find My Mobile website on a computer or another device.Log in with your Samsung account credentials.Select your locked Samsung phone from the list of devices associated with your account.Click the ā€œUnlockā€ option from the list of available features.Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your phoneā€™s password. You may be required to enter your Samsung account password and some personal information to verify your identity.Once youā€™ve successfully reset your password, you can reaccess your phone.
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24

Nope. You'll be able to factory reset your phone using "Find my Device".