Original topic:

Full quick settings navigation

(Topic created: Monday)
Koldplay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I purchased a Galaxy S24 recently and overall, I like the phone. One little annoyance I've discovered is that when the full quick settingss menu is pulled down, I have to swipe up at least three times to get back to what I was doing. I'd like to get rid of the "Smart View" and "Device Control" buttons at the bottom of the quick settings so as to cut down on the number of swipes it takes to get rid of the quick settings entirely, but it doesn't seem like that's an option.
9 Replies
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
You can get out in one go by swiping up on the Navigation bar while in Quick settings

This will only work without you leaving the app if you have swipe gestures enabled. 1719229774662.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

I've never had to do anything other than press the home button on my nav bar to close it.  If you switched to gestures, then the comment above should help you.  Also, 3 swipes is too much for you?  The most I've ever had to do was two, and only if I had notifications I had not read.  How do the smart view and device control settings cause an extra swipe?  It's all part of the extended view.

0 Likes
Koldplay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been using the classic navigation buttons rather than swipe gestures. Switching to gestures is one way of tackling it, I suppose.

As for how many swipes it takes when using the classic navigation buttons, it does seem to take 3 when in the full quick settings view. Part of the reason is that the two buttons I mentioned above are partly off the screen when I initially open the full view, so the first swipe up to try to clear the screen only brings those two buttons into view.

With my old Galaxy S8, I was able to clear the screen much more efficiently by swiping up, even witj gestures disabled. Just feels more cumbersome now.
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
When you pull down full quick settings, you should see a pencil looking icon in the top right. Select it, and then select quick settings instant access. Enable it and from now on, you swipe down from the right half of the notification bar, you can immediately jump directly into your full quick settings menu, and swiping up anywhere will immediately return you to the screen you were at before, bypassing notifications entirely. This will only work when using quick settings instant access, otherwise you will always return to notifications.

*However*, because you mentioned that the smart view and device control are extended off screen, it means that you have your screen zoom set to very high. Because of this, even through the quick settings instant access, you will still need to swipe up once to reach the "bottom" of the extended quick setting menu, then you will return to the screen you were at. The only way to change this is to reduce your screen zoom in settings>display>screen zoom
Koldplay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for the tips - the screen zoom was definitely a factor.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

I have found that when I turned that setting on, no matter where I swiped from the top down, it went into full quick panel view, and then I could not get to my top quick bar or see my notification area ever again.  Had to turn it off. 

Since I use the traditional nav bar, it's not an issue for me to use the home button to exit. If I use it while in an app or on the web, I just exit out with the recent apps button and click on the app I was in prior.

I don't usually let these little nitpicky things aggravate me, as long as I have an easy workaround. Now, if I turned the instant access on and couldn't see my notification area or quick bar and also couldn't turn instant access off (because it got stuck or something), *then* I'd be aggravated.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

Using the classic navigation buttons, you would only have to press on the home button to exit out of the quick settings.  If you want to return to an app you were already in when you swiped down, you will press the "recent apps" lines to select that app.

0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
You can just use one hand operation plus to get in/ out the quick panel in one go
1719420239557.jpg
0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Bug found: when you turn off one handle the other handle turns on.
0 Likes