Original topic:

GPS annoying issue S24 Ultra

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
userNBJV2nsvaC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi

I love samsung devices but this is really annoying me lately and considering going to either s24 plus or ios 

I use my phone daily for work and a solid working gps is important to me 

I can be driving along and Google maps will bounce all over the place multiple re locations and struggles to see where I am on the map before rectifying it's location for it to happen again this is not ideal for when I am working in an area I do not know 

Waze is also the same anyone else got this issue ?

Using EE Network in the UK solid 5G signal 

4 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
It sounds like your GPS is having trouble getting a signal. When your phone is in your car, is it in view of the sky (sorry, not sure how else to phrase this). I've heard that sometimes the GPS can be blocked if the phone isn't close enough to a window.

I found this advice for Garmin watch users having GPS problems. Maybe it can help you.

"Begin your activity in an open area outdoors devoid of trees and buildings. The lack of physical interference should help your wearable acquire a GPS signal quicker. Heavy cloud coverage may also affect the signal."
0 Likes
lbbirdz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a one week old Galaxy S24+ and am also having GPS problems. The first time I had a problem I didn't know the phone was having GPS issues. I was driving on the freeway in an area I know and the directions it was giving me were bizarre and wrong. What it was telling me to do would have taken me off the freeway I was on (which is where I needed to be) and put me on another intersecting freeway. Looking at a map, I can see it must have thought I was on the other freeway and was trying to get me on the one I was already on.

I use an app for listing birds that tracks where I walk and calculates the distance I traveled. After the freeway incident I walked a trail up a hill while using the birding app. I do this is walk multiple times a week and use my app most of the time. I was obviously outside and in the open. The app told me I'd traveled 1.39 miles when I'd only traveled .80 miles. I looked at the recorded track and it showed me wildly zigzagging back and forth across the trail. My Galaxy S9+ (previous phone) never did this.

Yesterday, after knowing I was having GPS issues, I did some short drives from home and turned on Google Maps navigation just to see what it would do, even though I didn't need it. One time it told me to turn the wrong way when leaving a shopping center. Must have thought I was on the other side of the road. At every intersection where I needed to make a turn it was 50 to 100 feet short of where I was, which meant I was turning before it told me to.

I downloaded a GPS test app and when I'm stationary the app seems to indicate GPS is working correctly in my phone. But when I start moving it goes haywire.

I sure hope there is a fix for this. I have also seen other posts around the Internet about GPS problems on S24 series phones. Started when the phones first came out and more posts are still popping up. Seems like they may have fixed issues with it being so far off that one person said it put them in another time zone, but there are still issues with it being off enough to screw up navigation.

Lisa
0 Likes
Freeman93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Are you still having this problem?
My s24+ started doing something similar tonight

0 Likes
Swiftie4u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am having the same issue. I am starting to think Samsung phones aren't that great. I work off my phone and my GPS crashed on me. I had to call the customer and get step by step directions. This isn't good and it is costing me a ton of money. I do Instacart and we have to sit close to the stores to get orders and because my GPS is off I am not getting orders.

0 Likes