Original topic:

Galaxy AI restrictive on what you can and cannot say?

(Topic created: 08-15-2024 11:30 PM)
SnowyW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Is it me, or does it seem like Galaxy's AI is being too restrictive on what you can and cannot say? I've been having some frustrating issues with it regarding the ability to grammar check and spell check any grammatical errors that are being made throughout the text. Whether you toggle the ability for offensive language or not, it still says "Can't correct due to inappropriate content." No matter what I do. I love Samsung keyboard, but the AI is terrible. Oh, don't even get me started on how every time I try to use Google voice typing, it keeps dismissing. Does anybody have any solutions to the AI issue? 

22 Replies
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Can you give an example of your dictation you are sending?
SnowyW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I would be talking about how a broken-down mind isn't good for anybody, but when I try to correct it, poof, it's gone. I wish I had a specific example to show. No curse words.
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Okay I'm using Google Gemini, it does consider the term broken down mind as offensive. Here is quoted text okay . That's crazy, no pun intended.

Is "Broken Down Mind" Offensive?
Yes, the phrase "broken down mind" can be considered offensive.
Here's why:
* Dehumanizing: It reduces a person to a mechanical object, implying they are malfunctioning or irreparably damaged.
* Stigmatizing: It reinforces negative stereotypes about mental health conditions.
* Dismissive: It suggests that mental health issues are insignificant or easily fixed.
More respectful alternatives include:
* Struggling with mental health
* Experiencing a mental health crisis
* Facing challenges with mental well-being
It's important to use language that is sensitive and understanding when discussing mental health.
Would you like to know more about mental health or respectful language? 7
0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
It could be the ambiguity of words maybe. Try using complex words that cannot be double guessed maybe. Like a deteriorated psyche or something. Who knows. Sorry.
SnowyW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It's fine. I just think the censorship is too strong. At times, I switch to Google keyboard.
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Try Google Gemini see if it works. If you're referring to Bixby I've had issues with detecting my words but it's new and it's still learning I would reckon. Gemini is great for me.
SnowyW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
How would Gemini work for grammar checking?
0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I asked if it can grammar check a sentence for me. It replied this

Absolutely! Send me a sentence and I'll do my best to point out any grammar errors or offer suggestions for improvement.
SnowyW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Ohhh, I see now