Original topic:

Galaxy AI restrictive on what you can and cannot say?

(Topic created: 08-20-2024 12:46 AM)
SnowyW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Is it me, or does it seem like Galaxy's AI is being too restrictive on what you can and cannot say? I've been having some frustrating issues with it regarding the ability to grammar check and spell check any grammatical errors that are being made throughout the text. Whether you toggle the ability for offensive language or not, it still says "Can't correct due to inappropriate content." No matter what I do. I love Samsung keyboard, but the AI is terrible. Oh, don't even get me started on how every time I try to use Google voice typing, it keeps dismissing. Does anybody have any solutions to the AI issue? 

usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
The Samsung keyboard offers grammarly for punctuation if you enable it. I don't use voice, though. That would be a disaster if I were to verbalize, lol
SnowyW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I would prefer that they keep that over Samsung AI. Unfortunately, I have to pay a subscription to enjoy its full benefits.
Tycoonin87
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I would love to use that feature, but I like using talk-to-text, and that creates run-on sentences. Grammarly won't pick it up, but the AI does because I tell it to, but then nearly everything is offensive.
0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Really, I don't know what the full benefits entail, but there is grammarly punctuation assistance; however, it couldn't detect plagiarism or change the inflection or tone or verbiage. I even think this app will help with punctuation as well, but I am not sure.
jade101
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Galaxy AI is still new it won't do everything you want it do to
OHGREATONE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Who are they to determine what I say? That's bull. It gets on my nerves. All the money you spend on these things and they wanna dictate . Elon, needs to make a phone with AI QUICK. or someone who doesn't censor people
Tycoonin87
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
And I agree. If you're going to give me this feature, let me use it. It's my text, my talking, and I'm the one who gets to save it, offensive or not. I'm the one who can be offensive about it. This is a feature that I'm using with my words.
Tycoonin87
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm really frustrated with how restrictive AI has become. I got this phone because of its advanced features, but it's almost unusable at this point. For example, it flagged a simple statement I made about AI: 'I don't see why we couldn't find a way to have control; we have been creating ways to control what AI can and can't do already.' Even out of context, there's nothing offensive about thatā€”it could have been about controlling anything, like a remote, a cat, or a car. I hate how AI is being so heavily restricted that it's losing its usefulness. Thank you, X, for making Grok unfiltered.
Tycoonin87
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I found that when I tell this feature not to go online, it works much better. So, in the artificial intelligence in the keyboard telling it only to do on-device processing, they nerfed the heck out of it when it goes online.
kmarie511
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

The Galaxy AI is probably the worst thing, I had a written " Character development is so new and I feel like I'm messing it up but  I am enjoying it as well" and that got flagged as inappropriate.  Seriously that needs to be fixed.