Original topic:

Gallery App albums order change

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
NYTeeSI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello!

My Samsung Gallery app had my albums sorted in three rows across the screen. I accidentally changed them to one row going down (which I do a lot). I'm usually able to just slide them back into the boxed order, but this time, I can't do that. They are stuck in a one-row format, which I don't like.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried everything I could think of.

Thank you!

0 Likes
8 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@NYTeeSI I think that you have just opened the sidebar showing the available albums. When you are in an album looking at photos, if you swipe right a sidebar appears with all of your albums appears. To make this disappear, swipe left while in an album looking at photos. 

0 Likes
NYTeeSI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, that is how I have always done it in the past, but suddenly, swiping does not work. I do not know if it was a glitch in the update or my phone.

Can someone with an S24U try it and see if this happens as well?

Thank you.
0 Likes
NYTeeSI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Just to clarify, this happens in the view albums screen, not when I open the albums.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24
Then try using pinch to zoom movements to shrink the pictures of the albums.
0 Likes
NYTeeSI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
The pinch doest work on the Albums view. I might be explaining it wrong.

Let me try again with better screenshots.

In screenshot 1, The Albums page is showing the Albums in a row instead of the way it was on screenshot 2 (ss copied from web).

Screenshot 3, Grouped Albums in the "Albums" also show the Albums in the group in a row.

All the above can't seem to go back in the order shown on screenshot 2.

However, the pictures inside the Albums are fine as shown on screenshot 4 (sorry for the filter)

I have trouble explaining this properly so I hope this didn't make you crazy šŸ˜œ.

My apologies for the confusion. 1726770989505.jpgSmartSelect_20240919_142213_Chrome_1000069936_1726770426.jpg1726770989587.jpg1726770989608.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24
In the Albums view, I can duplicate screenshot 1 by pinching in. I can go back to screenshot 2 by pinching out. All in the albums view.
0 Likes
NYTeeSI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It doesn't seem to work for me. Must be my phone. Maybe in need to do a settings reset.

Thanks so much for dealing with my crazy issues. I appreciate all your help.
0 Likes
junrbug
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung Galaxy A14 5G phone