JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gallery has green hue s24ultra

(Topic created: a month ago)
momboss1226
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
My gallery has a green hue to it as well as all my photos i view in my gallery after the last update. Samsung support was zero help, anyone else having this issue? My photos look normal when I send them as texts but viewing them in my gallery they are all green looking. The green color stays briefly when I exit my gallery then my screen adjusts back to normal color, about 2 seconds. 
5 Replies
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand your frustrations with your photos having a green hue to them.

In low brightness situations, dark areas of the screen may appear discolored or stained, or to have a slight green tint. This is normal and does not affect the performance of the device. If the screen is filled with black or very dark colors, the brightness setting is very low, or the device is in a dark environment, small variations in color may appear as discolored stains or green areas on the screen.

This is not a defect of the device and device performance is not affected. Photos of the issue generally appear worse than what actually appears on the screen itself because cameras typically enhance the contrast in low light situations.

The green tint may appear while you are browsing web pages on Samsung Internet or Google Chrome. Also while playing certain content, including GIF images. 

You may eliminate the green tint byincreasing the brightness or setting the Motion smoothness to Standard. You can also disable Dark mode and use Light mode instead by opening Settings, then tapping Display, and then tapping Light.

0 Likes
fromthatoneplace
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
With all due respect, this isn't the problem. The problem is with a bug (or conflicting setting?) in the Gallery app, that turns on the Color Correction visual enhancement even though Color Correction is toggled off.

This is evidenced by the fact that it happens — to me at least — in bright sunshine just as much as a dim room, and also by the fact that if you change the type of color correction from Deutan (the default) to Grayscale, the same thing happens, but instead of a green tint when you open Gallery, is greyed out.

I can send you the video capture, if you'd like to see.
0 Likes
momboss1226
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have tried all those things i even hard cleared my cache. Its not the photos themself its the gallery app that has an issue, i can can view my colors in normal color on google photos its the phones photo app and it only started after the update on 9/14.
HsnRsd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the exact same issue. The photos look weird only in the gallery not in any other apps. I have tried all the possible ways that I could find online including clearing the cache or recently installed apps and nothing worked. It happened right after the recently update.

When opening the gallery, the photos are normal for 2 seconds and then the whole screen goes green and stays until I exit from the gallery. 

So annoyed with all the useless suggestions about checking night mode and color filter...

momboss1226
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes and they now want me to send my phone in and be phoneless for over 2 weeks to fix it but it has to be something that can be fixed remotely as it happened from the updates!! I found that turning the colorblindness accessibility on helps the photos look more normal but still not normal normal. I had to add a toggle to my screen to turn on the accessibility only when im in the gallery, then turn it off when im not in my gallery, or only view my photos in google photos. SUPER ANNOYING.