Original topic:

Google's voice input on Samsung Keyboard

(Topic created: a month ago)
JBird88
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Ok, I LOVE Google's voice input. The Samsung one is super slower. Is there a way to put the Google voice input on the Samsung keyboard???? Please advise 

16 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I use SwiftKey and I have Voice Input with Google.
superman1988
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I want everything to work right away and I know that the company will help me to get the best service
0 Likes
OliviaAve
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I hear you loud and clear about the Samsung keyboard's voice input being slower than Google's. It can really slow down your workflow.

If you're keen on integrating Google's voice input with the Samsung keyboard, SwiftKey might be worth checking out. Users have reported success with SwiftKey's integration of Google's voice input feature.

And yeah, it's frustrating when things don't work as expected right from the start. It's good to know that the company is there to provide support and ensure you get the best service possible.

Give SwiftKey a try and see if it solves your issue. If you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24

You can try one (or both) of these:  settings/general management/keyboard list and default. Click that and slide Google voice typing on.  also: settings/general management/text-to-speech output. Click that and then click "preferred engine" and choose "Speech Recognition and Synthesis from Google.

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm using Samsung keyboard and Google Voice to Text (see previous comment). Not sure where @realaud found the text to speech because I don't have it under Settings/General management

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
@cwinkler I have oneUI6.0 (don't think the A54 gets the 6.1 update) 1713223463815.jpg1713223463871.jpg
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

S24U and One UI 6.1 so that may be the difference.

CWinkler
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Might be, but I use G board anyway, and it's all working fine for me. I tried the Samsung keyboard for awhile when I first switched to Samsung devices, but I guess by that time I was so used to GBoard, that I couldn't download and apply it fast enough. Every so often I try Samsung again, but I really hate it and each time confirms that.
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

and I've never tried Gboard (at least as far as I know). Went from Moto X to S7 then S10+ then S24U. Usually stick with the phone defaults, figuring they know what software works best with their phones. But guess the game is changing now so that may no longer be the case.

CWinkler
0 Likes