JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Have to restart phone to make calls

(Topic created: 07-18-2024 10:07 AM)
userVCWHo2CqY9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
First, I actually had this problem in my Galaxy S21, and I thought it was the phone. So, I got the S24 Ultra. And now the problem is on this phone, as well.

Often, I will try to make a call, but when I hit send, it drops the call. I'll restart the phone, and it will work.
Samsung_R3JAjZr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have had the same periodic issue for the last couple of months.  My phone will show it has connection to Verizon, but will not allow text or calls to be made or received.  I have tried switching to airplane mode for a short period of time and then switching back, but that has no affect.  Restarting my phone corrects the issue.  

0 Likes
timblaktu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue here on a BYOD s24U and eSim. Which mobile network(s) have you all tried? My phone had been set to auto select network . I am now thinking to experiment with manual selection to see if it improves.

I see the following options when I deselect "auto select" in mobile net settings:

* Verizon (tried this one first)
* Extended (what's this?)
* T-mobile
* T-mobile
0 Likes
timblaktu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
..also Verizon is associated with the 2nd eSim on my s24U FWIW:
1721322638059.jpg
0 Likes
Alibelleza
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a new Samsung S24+. I have to use WiFi Calling in my home since the cellular signal is so weak. Every so often (2x per week) I try to make a call and it is dead. I can't make a call or an emergency call to go through. I am in the Wifi area and even if I move around no calls go through.

After many calls with AT&T and Spectrum, it seems the issue with my service is IPv6. I was told to use IPv4 and that this would not happen. But, Spectrum is telling me to go buy a router because they can't change theirs to just IPv4.

Does anyone know if switching to an IPv4 Protocol Router would even fix this issue?
Options
Galaxy S24
If you updated your phone recently, it was the update. I have an S22 Ultra, I updated to One Ui 6.1 and my phone has been a paperweight since. Can't connect to service if I'm inside any building. Can only use wifi. Doesn't seem like they're going to fix it either, they just keep blaming the carrier or 3rd party interference. I can't believe I'm considering switching to iPhone.
0 Likes
123ABC123
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Exactly how I feel... been AVID Samsung user, HATE iPhone, but honestly, I'd rather iPhone than whatever this non-functional garbage is.

0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Take your problem to your carrier. They are responsible for your calling capabilities and performance.
0 Likes
PAHelper
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I had to change to wpa3 as wifi6 had some kind of issue with wpa2 security. It working now. Worth a try.
0 Likes
CyborgQueen211
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having an issue with calling. Whenever I try to call anyone, it'll say "calling..." at the top like normal but no time counter starts. It won't ring on either end. Then it'll end a few minutes later and say I missed a call from the other person. The only way to get a call to go through is to repeatedly end the call and try again till I hear ringing. Sometimes it takes 10+ minutes to make it work.

Also incoming calls don't ring. They go to voicemail. No change to my screen. Do not disturb mode is off. I'm told that it rings for a normal amount of time before going to voicemail.

Service provider says all is good and it must be the phone itself.
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Try turning on Airplane mode for 15 seconds. Then turn it off
0 Likes