JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Have to restart phone to make calls

(Topic created: 07-21-2024 02:53 PM)
userVCWHo2CqY9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
First, I actually had this problem in my Galaxy S21, and I thought it was the phone. So, I got the S24 Ultra. And now the problem is on this phone, as well.

Often, I will try to make a call, but when I hit send, it drops the call. I'll restart the phone, and it will work.
53 Replies
SammyNerd83
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
No, it is only my ability to make calls, and 99.9% of the time it is only when I am on Wi-Fi, trying to make essentially a Wi-Fi call. I can't even do it on Wi-Fi with the Wi-Fi calling turned off. I have to turn off the Wi-Fi antenna before I am then able to make a call. And the only thing it affects is calling.
0 Likes
KBJB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My Galaxy S24+ has not been receiving calls periodically. I may not notice until I try to call someone and it doesn't work or someone texts me to let me know. A restart resolves the issue, until it happens again. Yesterday it was calls and texts.

This started happening a couple weeks ago. I am current on software updates.

Is anyone else having this issue and/or know what I can do to permanently resolve this?

lloyd420
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
This is your carrier related issue. A network reset might fix it or swap out your sim card with a new one or get a new esim instead.
0 Likes
123ABC123
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue here. 4 day old phone, I'm pretty **bleep**. 
What is the purpose of a phone that can't make or receive calls? Do I have to reboot it every 5 minutes just to be confident it will do basic functionality? 

Despise I-phone, but not gonna lie, the frustration of this new one has me almost there.

train21
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have been having this issue ever since I have gotten this phone and randomly my phone just won't receive any phone calls. I've tried contacting Verizon and after doing a further investigation and switching to a Pixel 8 Pro, the issue went away. I am wondering if any other users are having this issue happen.
train21
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I also would like to add that I've tried T-Mobile and AT&T Sims and they work with no issues. The only way to temporarily fix the issue is to airplane mode the phone and then you can receive incoming calls.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Planetary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with your Samsung s24 ultra series, I personally have had issues with the s24 Ultra and Verizon wireless. My phone wouldn't connect to Verizons network using an Esim instead of a physical sim card , To fix the problem, I deleted the esim profile from my device and then I performed a reset the mobile network settings and switched back to a physical sim card, After these Steps everything seems to be working correctly,
0 Likes
train21
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've tried that and went to physical by deleting the ESIM still no resolution. For now I just forward my calls but still isn't a permanent solution
0 Likes
user_ams007
Options
Galaxy S24
That should not be happening, Try checking the Samsung phone dialer to see if your calls are being blocked by a setting, then login into my Verizon app and check if your devices' Imei number and Iccd are listed correctly, Compare them to Your phone settings, Next look for the Verizon calling Filter in the Verizon app and check the settings to make sure everything is configured correctly, Also have you tried using a Different Esim from Tmobile or Visible, They allow you to test their network for Free, A factory reset may also fix the issue, If you tried everything Please Contact Samsung Support Directly and explain everything to Them. You may have a bad device,

+1 800-726-7864
0 Likes
user_ams007
Options
Galaxy S24
@train21 Does your phones "Sim card information" say that you are connected to Verizon at all?
0 Likes