Original topic:

How do I stop pictures i take and send through messages from being downloaded to my gallery?

(Topic created: 03-06-2024 12:56 PM)
Kodimatt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I take and send a lot of pics for work through text messages, however I don't want them saved to my gallery. I can't find any way to stop it from saving these pics. My S21 did not do this. It frustrating having to delete 100 pics everyday.

9 Replies
BotMeister
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I assume you are using the default Messages app from Samsung (not Google's texting app with the same name). If so, this might help.

Open the Messages app. Click the three vertical dots on the right side of the screen, and click Settings > More Settings > Multimedia Messages.

Disable the "Download Automatically" option by clicking it off (to the left).1709760677408.jpg
0 Likes
Rtullos
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This DID NOT fix the issue for me. I did that and they continued to download to my gallery. 

0 Likes
userv0g7LtKKIK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
It shouldn't be this frustrating. When I look at a picture on my phone, it gets saved to my Samsung gallery. There has to be some way to stop this from happening.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
You cannot stop it in Google Messages, only Samsung Messages.
Kodimatt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I am using Google Messages. That's frustrating..They really should fix that. Thank you both for your help

usernfnqTPT9tj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
When you take a photo, it automatically falls to your gallery. Just delete it there.
0 Likes
usernfnqTPT9tj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
How to stop the Samsung messaging app from degrading the photo quality?
0 Likes
Members_DawqVHp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I second this complaint. Also have the S24 Ultra and do take a lot of photos for work. I don't want them in my gallery. I also don't want silly photos people attach to their texts to me. I only want the photos I take with the phones' camera to be backed up and part of the photo gallery. Or, at the least, have the option to make this decision.

0 Likes
aggrev11
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, why can't this problem be corrected. I am using Samsung messages and can't stop this from happening.
0 Likes