JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to access my flashlight without unlocking my phone?

(Topic created: 02-28-2024 09:58 AM)
PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey Sammy fam. Is there a way to access my flashlight without having to unlock my phone? On my s10, I was able to pull down(while my screen is locked) and access it and other features 

Picture of s10

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
You should still be able to pull down your Quick Panel from the very top to access the flashlight on the S24. I just tried and was able to turn it on with the screen locked. To the best of my knowledge, this has never required a password.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24

For quick access:

Settings >

Lock Screen & AOD >

Enable Touch and Hold to Edit.

Go to lock screen, press and hold anywhere to edit.

Choose one of the + signs and add it from the list. Then press done.

Screenshot_20240228_131529_Wallpaper and style.jpg

Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
You should still be able to pull down your Quick Panel from the very top to access the flashlight on the S24. I just tried and was able to turn it on with the screen locked. To the best of my knowledge, this has never required a password.
Options
Galaxy S24

You're right !!!... ‌🙂

Problem is, the case I'm using on my phone is a bit too thick to protect the screen.

And adding the fact that I have fat fingers (‌🙄‌), It wasn't working for me either. I was getting the prompt for the passcode all the time. It needs to be pulled down from the very top.

Edit: I'm still struggling to do it with the case on. 🤣

neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
You can configure holding the power button pressed for two seconds to turn the flashlight on or off. It works whether the phone is locked or not.
PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you Sammy fam... You were right. I think my case was blocking me from pulling it down for some reason 🥴