Original topic:

How to turn off Galaxy Stories?

(Topic created: 06-06-2024 06:04 PM)
Skillzo1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Where is the switch to turn it off in the gallery settings? I have Customization Service turned off.
needshelp86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Nope. I did this. I still get stories. Anyone else?
0 Likes
userOzNFtuN1G7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
They need to find a way to disable as it had created over 50 stories
TE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Try - Settings->apps

Click the filter to show system apps

Search "galaxy stories" then remove all permissions and disableSmartSelect_20240404_052826_Settings_1000004988_1712222906.jpg
needshelp86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
No way for me to find this. Maybe it doesnt exist on my phone or version of the app? Very odd. Nothing works. Nobody's advice works.
0 Likes
userrexoFvpEgi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I had the same problem. I had the customization service off but it looks like with either a phone or a Gallery app update came with changes to the customization service terms & conditions.

My phone still indicated that the customization service was off but when I tapped it, I didn't see the setting toggle. I had to choose to turn on the customization service so I could agree to the new terms, THEN I got the toggle to turn it off again. I think that should fix it.

0 Likes
userSVNTjXSne7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
S23, "stories" does not show up. I tried all the suggestions above including turning on Customization so I can turn off stories.
0 Likes
rsbrux
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

The only way I know of is to open ā€žAppsā€œ in ā€žSettingsā€œ and then enable ā€žShow system appsā€œ.
This is hard to find; you have to click on the icon to the right of ā€žYour appsā€œ at the top of the list to bring up the ā€žFilter and sortā€œ panel.  Once you have enabled ā€žShow system appsā€œ, you should find ā€žGallery Storiesā€œ in the list. ā€žClear cacheā€œ (under Storage), ā€žForce stopā€œ and ā€žDisableā€œ.

BenFloydy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Rsbrux has the answer most people are searching for I believe, except its just the Notification of the System "Gallery Stories" app you need to Block, to stop the popups (I dont really care if the Stories are created, I just dont want the pop ups). 

0 Likes
korjakt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It is hard to find, no doubt šŸ™ƒ Thank you

show system apps.jpg

0 Likes
userdbvkCWY0W0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I tried all the suggestions, and stories keep getting created. So I went into the Stories tab of the Gallery>three dots>Hide content>Hide dates then I set the dates from 1 Jan 1900 to 31 Dec 2100. If it can find pictures taken outside of that range then F-it I'll accept those stories.

0 Likes