Original topic:

S24 Ultra Private DNS Error

(Topic created: Tuesday)
androiduser0930
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi All, Im having some issues with NextDNS dropping or becoming unreachable very often at randon times during the day. I am currently testing out NextDNS to see if I want to subscribe to it but im having an issue with my phone. Other devices I tried are solid. Currently I have an S24 Ultra on Android 14 One UI 6.1. Its the latest patches, latest android app etc. Ive noticed that throughout the day both on mobile data and on Wifi that I get an error that "private DNS server has been come unreachable." I get this error about 40 to 50 times a day and it lasts anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes. This only happens on my S24ultra. Anyone else having issues with this? Below is how my NextDNS profile is configured. 

For my settings in the profile heres how its configured: 

Security 
* Threat Intelligence Feed - On 
* AI-Driven Threat Detection - On 
* Google Safe Browsing - On 
* Cryptojacking protection - On 
* DNS rebind - Off 
* IDN Homograph attacks - On 
* Typosquatting - On 
* DGAs - On 
* NRDs - Off 
* Dynamic DNS hostnames - Off 
* Parked Domains - Off 
* TLDs - None 
* Child **bleep** abuse - On Privacy 
* NEXTDNS Ads blocklist 
* OISD Blocklist 
* Block Third Party Trackers - On 
* Affliate Links - Off No Parental controls No Allow or Deny List Settings 
* Logs all On 
* Block page - Off 
* Anonymized EDNS client subnet - On 
* Cache Boost - On 
* Cname flattening - On
 * Web3 - Off 
0 Likes
5 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@androiduser0930 Have you reached out to the developers of that app for any suggestions? 

androiduser0930
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Unfortunately just crickets, but seems to be more of an issue with private dns vs an issue with the developers
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24
My wife's S24 Ultra uses a private DNS server and works just fine. If she ever had an issue, I would hear about it.
0 Likes
androiduser0930
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It comes and goes in such short waves that it might not even be noticed. From what I've been reading alot of people are having similar issues with cloudflare, Google etc
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@androiduser0930 The way my wife uses her phone she would definitely notice any hiccups. She uses the Google DNS. 

0 Likes