Original topic:

Message blocking is active

(Topic created: Saturday)
808MauiBuilt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I keep on getting a "message blocking is active." Does anyone know how to get rid of this?
5 Replies
3Fees
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
You have put the number in your phones block list, beyond this contact your carrier.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
808MauiBuilt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you for your suggestion. I really appreciate it but certain important numbers will never become a blocked number.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Under what circumstances do you get this message? I have never seen this message.
0 Likes
808MauiBuilt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Google Messages Realaud. It just started 3 days ago.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Everything I've read on this subject indicates one of these: You have inadvertently put the number on your block list; the recipient has put you on theirs; or you provider is having an issue.  Is it happening with all messages or just certain ones.  If it's happening with all, it's most likely a provider issue.  If it is happening with only one, check your blocked numbers to see if it is on your blocked list. Phone settings/blocked numbers. If it is not on your blocked numbers list, try calling the number.  If the call does not go through, then the other party blocked you (either on purpose or in error).  If you neither blocked nor are blocked, you have to contact your carrier to see if they are having issues, or somehow stopped your texting service.

This may be of interest: How to Fix Message Blocking is Active on Android & iOS (wikihow.com)

0 Likes