Original topic:

My S24 ultra is made for a different region and I did not get a single update is there anything I can do?

(Topic created: 2 hours ago)
Farhad1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

My firmware is still the old one when it first came out I bought it I April and its security patch says January 1st still. is there anything I can do to get the new update. I live in Hong Kong and the phone model is sm-s929U

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
First, I am only aware of S24 Ultra with model numbers SM-S928X (X=U, B, N, etc.). However, if you live permanently in HK, you have a few options:

1. Use Odin to flash it if you know how to or feel comfortable flashing it. Firmware and instructions can be found on sammobile.com, samfw.com, or XDA-DEVELOPER sites (the ones i trust).

2. Use Odin to convert the firmware from U to U1. First, install the current carrier's U1, then install any generic USA U1. If you don't know how to or are not comfortable with flashing it, don't try flashing it. If your original carrier is Verizon, you would (may) not be able to flash it either.

3. You can take the SIM out and see if you get updates when connected to WiFi. You mostly likely have an AT&T or Verizon phone if it is just S928U, which is why you're not getting updates.

4. Find someone with a sim card from the original carrier that is willing to allow you to use it. Install it, connect to WiFi, and check for updates.

5. Sell the phone and buy a HK or international version. I believe it's B. I
0 Likes