Original topic:

Need a fix on the context menu ASAP!

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 06:25 PM)
Sosalka
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Samsung added to edit context menu and it's great but it is also added own translator. 

So I'm not able to edit the whole menu and change items order so I got 3 translaters: Google,  browser's, Samsung. 

Please fix it. Let us to charge the order and remove all unnecessary items!

1000008707.jpg

7 Replies
kd2kd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
In this type of problems u can solve by using 1. create a url to one translate either google, Samsung .. my suggestion create a url for Samsung ai translaor.. then issue will solved.
GeoRandel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes! This menus options should be configurable to the user. Some apps will add in options and the only way to remove is to completely remove the app.

Or like in my image, Twitter does not allow me to web search highlighted text.

This the first 3 options should be user selected and universal throughout android. Sometimes it doesn't even give me a copy option.

If I don't reliably know what the options are, the menu is uselessIMG_20240416_124335_1000001371_1713289415.jpg
HAL9001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
GeoRandel, you touched on my issue. The contextual (context) menu doesn't really "manage apps" as it would seem to imply it does, namely, add them to the menu and let you pick which one you want to use to delve into some highlighted text. And the menu varies from app to app, suggesting some designer was thinking about which apps go well with certain apps' highlights. But apparently no one got it working before release. You can pick apps under Manage Apps, but they still don't show up for use on the Contextual Menu.

Has anyone got a workaround?
Neftedollar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Agreed.

This is annoying!

I can't use translator I want! Where is your UI/UX guys?

Ostap
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue here. Very annoying I use Google Translate frequently, Samsung Translate does not even support my language

SayMoon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Totally agree. In theses days, having only such a little support of languages is pretty wrong way.

Max0914
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am having the same issue.  I used to use DeepL as a translator but as of late, it's no longer an option for me to translate selected text with it.  What's worse is that the default translation requires me to download language packs, and it constantly asks me to download the Spaniard Spanish pack because it is incorrectly detecting my spanish as spaniard spanish.  Please bring this back, I need DeepL again.

0 Likes