Original topic:

No Visual voicemail in unlocked phone

(Topic created: 02-16-2024 12:07 PM)
SandyMukherjee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi,

Just curious to know why Samsung did not provide visual voicemail service in unlocked phone. Apple and Google is so kind that they added this extreamly useful feature to their phone. With so many AI capability, why not you include it in all device rather making it carrier dependent.
13 Replies
Solution
-Misfit-
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Visual voicemail is a carrier related option. Some carriers don't provide it. I have my carriers' visual voicemail app.
SandyMukherjee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have pixel and apple, both cases same network, visual voicemail works great. But in case of samsung did not. How it could be carrier dependent!
Options
Galaxy S24
You're requesting a visual voice-mail app that's provided by Samsung, not the carrier. That would be nice.
SandyMukherjee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
So samsung do have the app which supports visual voicemail? In case of pixel it is embedded in phone app
Options
Galaxy S24
No, Samsung doesn't provide their own server for visual voice-mail like Google and iPhone does.
0 Likes
-Misfit-
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Because if you read and do some research it is carrier related feature. But like angelchained explained you're asking for a Samsung provided app would be amazing.
SandyMukherjee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't have visual voicemail.
Options
Galaxy S24
Most visual voice-mail applications are carrier dependent, and you can also back up visual voice-mail to a cloud. You can contact your carrier they probably have their own visual voice-mail provider app.
0 Likes
Thomaso5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine is unlocked and I have it. It's the app called "Voicemail."