JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No translator button on Samsung Internet?

(Topic created: 02-03-2024 06:50 PM)
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm evaluating switching over from Chrome. I see online that there is supposed to be a translator button on the menu inside the Samsung browser but it is missing from my menu. I download the addon but it does nothing. Am I missing something to get the translator option? 

Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks. I tried it, looks to me like it is the same as the new Galaxy AI translate feature. I think what's happening is they hid the addon since it is replaced by the AI function instead and because the beta doesn't have it, the add on is there . Thanks for letting me know!
0 Likes
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24

You're Very Welcome !!!

I'm actually using the Samsung browser as default. Thats why I kept looking for a solution. 🙂

msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
What were you using before? I'm using chrome now and trying to see if I can use Samsung for good
0 Likes
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24

Opera for years. Then Microsoft Edge, Firefox and now Samsung. 😄

msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you found a way in Samsung to see your recent searches come up when you click in the URL bar? In Chrome if you typed a search or a place before, it will show up in Google as a recent searches item, in Samsung it only shows suggested searches even if you already searched for a specific term before, it doesn't recognize it. Maybe not important for you but it's really useful for me that it shows I searched for that term before
0 Likes
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks. I did a little bit of research but no luck
0 Likes
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24

Just checked the beta version. And it works.

I'm not familiar with the Samsung browser, so I don't known if it's a missing feature or something that can be switched on somewhere in settings.

I'll keep trying finding a solution.

msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I'll check it out thanks. You know I just also discovered if you lookup a business and tap the call button, you have to use the Google dialer, I was trying to get used to the Samsung dialer. The weird thing is that even if I use a browser like bing and hit the button it still comes up to use the Google dialer . Which dialer do you use
0 Likes
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Looks like they fixed the dialer issue in the beta also. The beta is just missing the AI features now
0 Likes
Members_tU3BdkW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

This doesn't work.

The customize menu, only uses the AI translate feature by Samsung which is limited to about 10-12 languages. 

In previous interations of the Galaxy series, you would be able to download the translator add on, and then enable it under add ons and then be able to use all sorts of languages. Now you can download it, but there is no way to enable it. FYI I have the s24 ultra. If anyone has figure out how to get this to work, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could share the solution. Thanks!

0 Likes