Original topic:

No updates

(Topic created: Thursday)
Teepea313
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I purchased a phone from Verizon that was locked to their network. After it was finally unlocked, I switched to T-Mobile and have not received any updates since. I have learned from this experience and will not purchase a carrier-locked phone again.
9 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@Teepea313 I'm guessing that your phone has Verizon software on it. When you click Software update on your phone, it is using the T-Mobile update servers but looking for a Verizon firmware update. It will never find one. 

The solution is to flash your phone with T-Mobile firmware. 

Teepea313
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Will changing the CSC help?
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
to finish @longhikers comment, to flash the phone with different software, take out to your local ubreakifix corporate location and they will be able to help you with that.
Teepea313
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Your welcome
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
No they won't I tried that and it was not successful at all
0 Likes
galaxy-4-Life
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I had Verizon... I took a huge L with them yrs ago... and it seems they aint changed... I went to T-Mobile and never had a problem again... T-Mobile made Miracles happened for me lol...
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Same here, Verizon used to be the best buy now they suck, I'm team T-Mobile now
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
You can purchase a Verizon Sim card and put it in your phone and update your phone and once you do that your phone will update every month, I had the exact same issue so I know