JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification for syncing emails... won't go away

(Topic created: 05-06-2024 03:51 AM)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting either late last night or this morning there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  I think this was caused by some update in the past few days but not sure how to go back to prior.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

Any pros know if there is a fix in the works?  Thanks.

183 Replies
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

as mentioned in my other reply, I've always used Gmail on my Samsung phones (for multiple Gmail accounts). Can't uninstall Samsung Email, but can block notifications. Works like a charm for me!

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

If I hold my finger on the samsung mail icon at the bottom of the phone remove and uninstall are both options as well as select and widgets, so I think it can be completely uninstalled.

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I see that now. I wasn't bold enough to uninstall it, since it's a Samsung app, but looks like it will uninstall. 

CWinkler
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I have always used the Gmail app on my Samsung phones. For multiple Gmail accounts. Works like a charm!

CWinkler
0 Likes
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Actually I just checked and my gmail will open both of my accounts.  Is it as simple as delete samsung with no problems?

0 Likes
2025Hawaii
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
This is ridiculous that Samsung doesn't have a fix for the update that messed up the "syning email"
0 Likes
Phil29
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a bigger problem where my email has not synced since I ran the update so I'm no longer receiving emails. Also,  it won't allow me to change my Email sync Schedule to Auto (as I had previously). Keeps defaulting back to "Every 15 minutes". Anybody else having these issues?

0 Likes
GhoulEater02
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I also woke up this morning to email notification saying "syncing email" and running in the background for 3 hours!!!!
0 Likes
userbIRripOpC2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Yep, I noticed mine with the same thing yesterday evening. 

0 Likes
userukP8N1vQLJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Any solutions?
0 Likes