JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification for syncing emails... won't go away

(Topic created: 05-06-2024 06:01 AM)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting either late last night or this morning there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  I think this was caused by some update in the past few days but not sure how to go back to prior.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

Any pros know if there is a fix in the works?  Thanks.

183 Replies
Rich1234
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Click on Notification Settings (not Clear), then scroll down to Email and click on it, then scroll down to Notification categories and click on it, then scroll down to Email sync notifications and click on the slider on the right to turn it off.

Done!

0 Likes
Rickap7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Just sent error report. Waiting for response .

Thanks for info

0 Likes
userOk3HcAFvrQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello. I got this problem since this AM.  I got a new email update yesterday. I can't get any update on my email and I see this "Syncing emails ..." when I swipe down.

Not good!  Please fix it soon!

A7G7Z7T7U7R7N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Click and hold notification, then click turn off notification and it will go away, then restart your phone. After phone restarts turn notifications back on in the app. Go to 3 left lines top left, then click screw in top right then scroll down to notifications and click to on.  You will notice that the ongoing notification did not come back. I am using a Samsung S24 Ultra. And I tested my email and I am getting notifications when I get emails and no ongoing Syncing emails notification. Have a great day all!!!

Elb25d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I did this, but without restarting my phone!

A7G7Z7T7U7R7N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you for pointing that out, I am glad it worked
0 Likes
userd9UqyvjMCX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks so much for the work around, gonna try it now. Will let you know if it works 

0 Likes
Nagswoman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

On 4th May, my phone updated One UI 6. Then it started this running in the background rubbish. None of the potential online fixes stopped it so, as I don't use pop, I went back to Yahoo mail. Yes there are adverts and it is not as simple to use but it does not hog my data. I only pay for 6GB as I use WiFi where I can. I have some figures of usage. Jan/Feb 119MB foreground. 0MB background. Feb/Mar 128MB foreground 0MB background. Mar/Apl 181MB foreground 0MB background. Apl/May Total 130MB 88.2MB foreground 42.04MB background.

That 42.04MB is JUST HALF A DAY. I still have another 11 days until data renews. 42MB for half a day, (until I removed that email app), would equal 2.5GB of my 6GB of data, for a whole month, just for the email app running in the background. Let alone battery use. However many times I switched background data off, or changed other settings, it just started up again.  Samsung, FIX IT.

Saz_Baz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

There has been a resolution posted in another thread for the same topic 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S24/E-mail-background-activity-won-t-go-away/td-p/2877032

0 Likes
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Okay, kinda stupid question.  Is there a reason we have to use Samsung Mail?  If we know our username and password, can't we install any of the other email apps and delete Samsung app?  Won't our e-mail download into that?  If the answer is yes, do we have to delete the Samsung app first then d/l perhaps Google mail second or can we have both at the same time and then delete Samsung?

I don't feel like sitting for an hour with a tech to get my phone mail working again so want to do it right the first time.

BTW, the resolution sent from the other thread doesn't work, at least for me.  Sorry.

0 Likes