JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification for syncing emails... won't go away

(Topic created: 05-09-2024 04:42 AM)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting either late last night or this morning there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  I think this was caused by some update in the past few days but not sure how to go back to prior.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

Any pros know if there is a fix in the works?  Thanks.

183 Replies
RussT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I like this "temp" fix as it doesn't come back after a restart. Thx

0 Likes
user4nwtMLpPFZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Me too. Tell Samsung to take it out.
0 Likes
Samī_8625
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah. I just noticed the email syncing and running in the background. I looked at it and apparently it had been running for 49 hrs LOL. hope it gets fixed soon
0 Likes
StopHiding
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

No fix yet. Still running in background.

0 Likes
Members_iMmE5W7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I had this many times over the past few days. Turning off notifications is an option. I was able to swipe the notification off screen after several failed attempts and it seems to not come back until phone restart. Very annoying 

0 Likes
jyappy218
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. It just appeared 3 days ago "synching email" and won't go away even if I restart. I was afraid someone was trying to access my email. Thanks to all your comments. I guess we'll see what Samsung does to resolve this issue.
0 Likes
Luaishammat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I solved this issue by turning off the auto sync option and changed it to manual sync.

0 Likes
userGj4SSDNK0b
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I just went I to email settings and made sure I was signed into all my  email accounts  within the email app.  Sorted... No more syncing emails.

0 Likes
Sailor69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Same thing has been happening to my A14 for the past few days.

0 Likes
Rich1234
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Click on Notification Settings (not Clear), then scroll down to Email and click on it, then scroll down to Notification categories and click on it, then scroll down to Email sync notifications and click on the slider on the right to turn it off.

No more Email syncing... notification.  🙂

0 Likes