Original topic:

Ok, I've the phone for nearly half a year and the screen vividness is still muted

(Topic created: yesterday)
rocketman333
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Is there a fix coming to get the S24 Ultra screen to look as good as the S21 did? What about the camera? This phone is total garbage for this price. The cheaper Pixel my son has is 10x better in nearly every way. I keep waiting for an update that will resolve all the issues...can I exchange my phone or return it for one that works properly?

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Do you happen to have enhanced eye comfort on under eye comfort shield? That setting really mutes the colors.
0 Likes
rocketman333
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Nope. I've tried all the settings. It's immediately noticeable. Comparing to any other phone makes it overly obvious. They claimed a software update fixed it. I think the first phones had bad hardware and Samsung isn't admitting or accepting responsibility.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the s24 plus and I think it looks great, but the vividness has gone down over the years for sure. Was the s21 your phone before your s24 Ultra? If you made that jump I can see how you would notice more. I had the s23 plus, 22 plus, 21 fe, and 20 fe, so I gradually got used to the decrease in vividness.
0 Likes
K113-A
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I had this issue when I switched to the S24U from an A71

I cranked up the vividness to the max on the S24U. And I think it looked more natural than the candy like colors my A71 has. It also helps when I want to see the results of my drawings.

I have neverever touched a flagship since the Note 2, so I can't say much about the quality of the screen color

But I think the S24 series went too much towards natural than what most people liked: kinda like action movies vs animation

So my suggestion is to try to crank up that vividness and if you still don't like it you can trade it in or something as I don't think it's a bug but just the general direction Samsung is heading
0 Likes
rocketman333
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, I told myself natural is fine, but I think it has more to do with the anti-reflective coating. I talked to a lot of people that returned their phones. Natural option is fine, but the vivid option doesn't change the colors at all....so it's not even a working capability. I work as a designer and it's not just that, but the camera is almost a step backwards. I think they may have had some bad hardware that software updates won't fix.
Options
Galaxy S24
Trade it in for an older model ie.... 23 ultra or 21 ultra. Those 2 are the best Samsung phones I've ever used.
0 Likes