Galaxy S24
Did anyone got the 6.1.1 update yet ?
#s24ultra
33 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes alot of people have already gotten 6.1.1 on the S24's it depends on your carrier and if you have a Unlocked model or a carrier model at the moment I'm only hearing the carrier models on T-mobile has received it and possibly At&t

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Darkzeroo11
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the mobile but I bought the phone thru samsung.
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24

If your model number ends with U its carrier locked and if its U1 it's factory unlocked 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Darkzeroo11
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I bought it unlocked from samsung
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here seems like the wait is getting longer in between updates with the Carrier models getting them first lately.

--prettygirl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Me too and nothing yet
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Locked or unlocked, you still get the update from your carrier, and they prefer the locked devices as they give a higher profit margin.

0 Likes
JawshDarnit
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Nobody can seem to explain WHY we are still at the mercy of carriers for firmware that should be provided to us directly from Samsung in my opinion.
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

I can.

They are contractually obligated to allow carriers to distribute the updates after making the necessary change for the device/software to work on their servers.