Original topic:

Phone Disconnects from Unsecure site

(Topic created: 09-02-2024 08:37 PM)
DonnaCrowe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, 

I asked a question a couple of weeks ago and got great advice. Although that issue was solved I NOW however have an issue of a disconnection from the store site.  My husband and I don't have an unlimited plan with our carrier for us, it's much cheaper to go with a 1Gig data as we NEVER ever go over that!  Well That is UNTIL I got the Samsung S24+!!  Seeing that I work at a Grocery store and Need to google things sometimes for my job I've fixed the Intelligent wi-fi issue so that I can at least use the internet, BUT Problem 1. it won't let me send or receive  photos via text when I am connected to the store site  so I have to get off the site send my things and pray for a fast response then log back into the site for wi-fi again and Problem 2. It turns off wi-fi connection by itself!!  Which in turn chews through my data..... How can I make it stop going to LTE when I'm there I can't check my phone every 5 mins and it's creating problems!!  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

14 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Just my thoughts here but you shouldn't be having to use data to send texts if you're on wifi far as I know that shouldn't be s problem have you reset the network or ran the diagnostic test on wifi
0 Likes
DonnaCrowe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I cannot reset a Store network!  LOL  It's my place of work I am there for 4 hours and cannot change anything on their end I had NO problems with my Galaxy S21+

0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
You want to take photos and text while on a website? Maybe you should try another website? If i misunderstood, sorry.
DonnaCrowe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

you misunderstood.... I am a cake decorator and Yes I need to receive pics and or google them, and return pics to customers for approval.  I could do all of this on my old phone Galaxy S21+ but  on the S24+ I can't  It's a store site with restrictions not a website!

0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm sorry
0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Could you use a social app like WhatsApp or instagram for the customers to send?
0 Likes
DonnaCrowe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

those are really no different than a text and not everyone has those apps but thanks for the thought

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Usually public wi-fi networks, like in a store do not allow you to send photos or any big chunk of data.  It's a restriction they set on their network-it's not your phone. If you have wi-fi calling turned on, you should be able to send text over wi-fi (except if the wi-fi network has that restriction.) If your employer needs you to send/receive photos via text, they should lift any restriction they have. You should, however, be able to attach the photo to an email and send it that way.   If you turned off the slider to switch to mobile data in intelligent wi-fi it should not switch to mobile data at all.  To make sure it doesn't turn on mobile data when you are at work, and if you need to use it for any reason, just turn it on at that point and then right back off.  You can also set your phone to limit mobile data.  If you and your husband, for instance, share a 1 GB of data (IMO, you should have a least 3), you can set each of your phones to have a limit of .5 GB each (or you can analyze your data usage and see who uses more). You can set a warning and a stop.  Go to connections/data usage/billing cycle and data warning. Tap on the text and input your billing cycle dates and toggle on set data warning and set data limit.  Set the warning for a little under your limit and set your limit for your .5 GB.  After that your phone will not allow any more mobile data use until a) your billing cycle resets or b) you manually override the stop.

You can also set up an automatic routine as follows: if <connected to wi-fi network (name network)> then mobile data is off.  This way you don't even have remember to do it every day.  It will automatically activate when you connect to the store wi-fi.

By the way, these issues have nothing to do with the fact that you are connecting to an unsecured network.

DonnaCrowe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I really wish I understood everything you've just explained!  lol  I know it's probably just a setting in my phone that I need to change as I had no issues with any of this with my old phone.  I don't understand why it turns off the wifi once connected though if worse case I can deal with shutting it off to send or receive stuff it's the connecting to it at 9 and when I leave at 1, I see it's not connected and I don't know how long it's been that way!  it's just very frustrating that it disconnecting itself, and the hubs doesn't believe me.

0 Likes