Original topic:

RCS

(Topic created: 6 hours ago)
Danocraig
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Since the new update, I'm not able to text(RCS) my kids. They have iphones. And when I go in to settings;RCS chats it says

Any help would be very much appreciated!!
Thank you!!
13 Replies
Shelliam
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
As far as I recall, it never worked with iPhone. Samsung and iPhone won't make stuff compatible between the two, and it's irritating af.

Go to messages and then go into messages settings. The first option is RCS chats. Click that, and you can see if it's currently on. It could've gotten disabled after the update. Happened to me once, but hopefully it's something simple like that šŸ˜Š
Danocraig
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It worked fine after my kids installed the latest ios. But my RCS stopped working after the previous 2 software updates
Shelliam
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Weird, I checked mine and didn't even realize iPhone and Android are now RCS compatible, lol.
Go to messages app info, and at the bottom, there's an option to clear data and clear cache. Try clearing your cache first, and if that doesn't resolve, then clear both data and cache. Also, close out the messages app completely before doing it, so it's not running in background and stuff, but that should fix it
Danocraig
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I tried all that. Thank u so much for trying!!
0 Likes
Solution
Shelliam
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Not problem! If that didn't work, the last resort would be to uninstall and reinstall the app šŸ˜Š
Danocraig
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I un-installed it and then reinstalled it and that workedšŸ˜ ty!!
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Actually I have RCS on my iPhone and I can text my friend who has an s22 Plus so it works between the two
0 Likes
thenoseknows
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Try the Google messages subreddit. There's tons of step by step.

If you haven't, download Carrier Services from the Play Store and then force close GM.
Danocraig
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I thought I had that installed but I didn't so I installed it. Ty!
0 Likes