JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S-Pen left behind alert and S-Pen caused calendar question

(Topic created: 03-11-2024 04:25 PM)
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

This is my first phone with an S-Pen, so learning all about it. I've watched videos about it, and the feature to warn me if I leave my pen behind. So to test it, I left it in one room of my house and walked around to other rooms, and then out in the backyard and then the front yard. But never got any notification that would have triggered me to go back and retrieve the pen. What sort of notification should I be getting? Is there another setting I need to adjust besides just turning on that option in More S Pen settings? Also tried turning WiFi off on my phone, just in case that was causing me not to be notified.

Also, added "write on calendar" to my Air Command shortcut bar. Clicked on it to try, and it changed the format of my calendar and I'm unable to get it to reset it to the original even by deleting that shortcut. Used to have just lines on the days and then a listing for the selected day of the events. Now, just after using the S-Pen feature, I get all the events for each day listed in the monthly calendar. Photos attached (and apologies for the quality of the 'before' version - had to take a picture of my old phone's screen since it hasn't been changed and the reflections are terrible). First picture is old version of my calendar. Second one is what happened after trying S-Pen.20240311_190904.jpgScreenshot_20240311_190553_Calendar.jpg

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
To restore the "line" view, swipe up on the calendar. For S-Pen reminder notifications, you will have to walk farther away to trigger it. I walked outside my house to the sidewalk and I received the notification.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S24
To restore the "line" view, swipe up on the calendar. For S-Pen reminder notifications, you will have to walk farther away to trigger it. I walked outside my house to the sidewalk and I received the notification.
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you so much! Got my calendar back. šŸ˜€
Will try more distance with the pen. I'd prefer notification after about 10'. Not halfway across the parking lot. Too bad you can't set a distance.
CWinkler
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S24
Having the ability to set a custom distance is a great idea! The way it works now, the alert is sent out when the phone loses connection from the S-Pen with the screen off. The distance may vary depending on your environment. In my house, this setting doesn't typically trigger.
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

When I was wandering around in my back yard yesterday, I was probably about 75' away from the pen and my phone still showed a connection. So I also didn't have my screen off, since I tapped on it to see why I didn't get a notification. Will try other situations today, with my screen off when I start to walk away.

CWinkler
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@cwinkler Just a reminder... To get the left behind notification, you need to have your screen off before you walk away. 

cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks, going to try that today and make sure all's working well. Seems like it might let you get too far away before it triggers. Just tried it again, and got all the way to my backyard and back again. Wasn't until I got back inside right next to the pen that I got the notification. So it does work, but needs some tuning on distance and timing!

CWinkler
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@cwinkler I had an experience where I got off a bus, took a few steps and got the alert. Was able to get back on the bus and retrieve the S Pen before it was lost forever.