Original topic:

S24 GPS performance

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Woodman78
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Wife and I took 2 new S24s and they both have terrible GPS performance.

This seems to be a widespread issue across all three S24 models.

Any fixes from Samsung?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Ilham356
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

To improve GPS performance on your Samsung S24, update your device's software, reset location settings by toggling location services off and on, and clear the cache partition via recovery mode. These steps often resolve GPS issues.

0 Likes
micheclb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I tried to do all the above, except for the cache partition (but i did a factory reset instead). Nothing has changed unfortunately.

0 Likes
errrrik
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes it's not the best
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Mine (via Google Maps) keeps telling me I'm sitting in my neighbor's dining room. Yesterday I calibrated the phone's compass, and it was better. But today I'm back next door.

Just cross-checked with an S21 and it wasn't any better. We were both sitting outside the house at the edge of the yard.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
Rausimous
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Mine takes 5 minutes to come within 50m 

While driving you can be off by a few km because gps doesn't work at all when driving 

0 Likes
micheclb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My S24 is equally terrible, and the customer service did not give me any actual fix, other than mentioning a possible update coming our way.

Anyone else managed to find a solution? It works decently as long as you're driving in the countryside with open roads, but it's basically useless or even dangerous in cities... (driving or even walking..)

0 Likes